Colorectal cancer, a major public health concern in China, is expected to become the second-most-common form of cancer there by 2029, behind only lung cancer. The treatment of metastatic colorectal cancer is dominated by chemotherapy regimens prescribed in combination with VEGF inhibitors and EGFR inhibitors. Unlike in the major markets, only a few targeted therapies (e.g., Roche’s Avastin, Merck's Erbitux) have been available in China for the treatment of colorectal cancer. However, the growing uptake of two recently launched angiogenesis inhibitors—Bayer’s Stivarga and Chi-Med’s Elunate—and the anticipated launch and uptake of more targeted therapies—Amgen’s Vectibix, Bayer's Zaltrap, and Chia Tai Tianqing Pharmaceutical’s Focus V—will lead to significant growth of China’s colorectal cancer therapy market during the 2019-2029 forecast period. Despite the availability of novel targeted agents, the need for additional, effective targeted therapies for colorectal cancer will remain high in China, representing a lucrative opportunity for drug developers.
- How large is China’s drug-treatable colorectal cancer population, and how will the drug-treatment rate change over the forecast period?
- Which are the most commercially relevant drugs in China’s colorectal cancer market and why? What are interviewed experts’ insights on current treatment options? Which clinical needs remain unfulfilled?
- What are the market access considerations for key therapies in the colorectal cancer pipeline in China? What sales / uptake could they secure in colorectal cancer? What are interviewed experts’ opinions of these emerging therapies?
- What are the key drivers of and constraints in China’s colorectal cancer therapy market, and how will the market evolve over the forecast period?
China In-Depth: Comprehensive market intelligence providing world-class epidemiology, keen insight into the China-specific access and reimbursement environment, current treatment paradigms, in-depth pipeline assessments, and drug forecasts supported by detailed primary and secondary research.
Qualitative and quantitative insights driven by five country-specific interviews with thought-leading medical oncologists, supported by survey data collected for this and other DRG research.
Diagnosed prevalence of colorectal cancer by BRAF and RAS biomarker status and by disease stage. Clinically relevant and market-relevant drug-treatable populations.
Ten-year, annualized, drug-level sales and patient shares of key colorectal cancer therapies through 2029, based on primary and secondary market research to formulate bottom-up assumptions.
Phase III/PR: > 10 drugs; Phase II: > 10 drugs; coverage of select early-phase products.
- Colorectal Cancer - Geographic Focus - China - Colorectal Cancer - China In-Depth - China
Author(s): Amardeep Singh, M.Pharma; Mudassar Nazar K
Amardeep is a Senior Analyst in Decision Resources Group’s China-In-Depth team. In this role, he specializes in disease landscape and forecast reports based on a range of indications and therapy areas and focused specifically on the China healthcare market.
Prior to joining Decision Resources Group, Amardeep has worked with WNS Global Services for more than 5 years, where he worked in commercial analytics team to support Respiratory franchise of one of the top ten global pharma company. He also worked with GlobalData for 1.5 years and authored the syndicated reports on Rare, Ophthalmology and Psychiatric disorders. He earned a master’s degree in Pharmaceutical Management from University of Delhi and Bachelor of Pharmacy from Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU), New Delhi.