This section of the Biosimilars Access & Reimbursement module is based on insights captured from 60 surveyed U.S. payers and in-depth interviews with 10 EU5 payers. The primary market research was designed to assess payers’ current experience with biosimilars and how they expect to manage biosimilars in the future. This module will help you understand the following:
- Payer perspectives on the drivers and barriers to biosimilar uptake.
- The factors influencing which biosimilars are preferred on formularies in the U.S. and how payers choose between multiple biosimilars of the same brand in the EU.
- Strategies adopted by payers to manage biosimilars.
- Payer expectations for biosimilar discounts.
- How the availability of biosimilars could influence pricing of emerging agents.
- How payer strategies for biosimilars may differ between therapeutic specialties.