Celltrion’s Herzuma (trastuzumab) is the first biosimilar of Roche’s blockbuster HER2-targeted therapy, Herceptin, to launch in Europe. This series tracks uptake of Herzuma and medical oncologists’ awareness of the agent in order to gauge its impact in the commercially lucrative breast cancer market and the gastroesophageal cancer market. The series investigates perceptions of Herzuma, drivers of and barriers to its use, and future-use expectations. Promotional efforts are explored, as well as prescriber and nonprescriber profiles, and benchmarking against other biosimilars, to better understand the dynamics of the German biosimilars market.
- Are German medical oncologists aware of Herzuma?
- What are the drivers of prescribing Herzuma? What is the current level of Herzuma use, and how is that changing over time?
- Are German physicians prescribing Herzuma in combination with Perjeta?
- Have physicians experienced pressures to prescribe Herzuma to patients?
- What promotional messages are sales representatives employing for Herzuma and Herceptin?
Emerging Biosimilars (Germany) is a three-wave series based on primary research data collected at 1 month, 6 months, and 12 months post-commercial launch with German physicians. The research captures physicians’ awareness, perceptions, and usage of the launched product, as well as anticipated future trends. Insight is also provided on promotional efforts, prescriber and nonprescriber profiles, and benchmarking against other launched agents.
Wave 1: September 2018
Wave 2: TBC 2019
Wave 3: TBC 2019
Survey of 60 medical oncologists
Key metrics included
- Unaided and Aided Awareness of Herzuma
- Familiarity with and Impressions of Herzuma
- Prescriber and Nonprescriber Profiles
- Willingness to Prescribe Herzuma
- Performance of Herzuma on Key Attributes
- Sales Representative Frequency, Reach, and Satisfaction
- Benchmarking Against Previously Launched Biosimilars
- Biosimilars - Emerging Biosimilars - Oncology: Herzuma Launch Tracking (Germany) Wave 1
- Emerging Biosimilars: Herzuma Launch Tracker (W1)
- Please Note
- Executive Summary
Author(s): Amy Duval, M Res; Hamzah Aideed, M.Sc.
Amy Duval M.Res., is a director in the oncology and biosimilars team at Decision Resources Group. Ms. Duval manages a team of analysts responsible for market research across oncology indications, and also provides client support across Decision Resources Group oncology products.
Previously, Ms. Duval was a principal analyst in the oncology group, where she developed in-depth expertise in breast and ovarian cancer. Ms. Duval has worked on multiple oncology indications, including malignant melanoma, renal cell carcinoma, and lung cancer, and has worked on topics in both the major and emerging pharmaceutical markets. Ms. Duval earned her B.Sc. in natural sciences and M.Res. in molecular and cellular biology from the University of Birmingham, where she conducted research into the epigenetics of leukemia.
Hamzah Aideed is a Principal Analyst in the biosimilars team at Decision Resources Group. Hamzah’s responsibilities include conducting primary and secondary market research, generating key insights into biosimilars and the biopharmaceutical industry, and providing client support. His work in biosimilars encompasses four key therapy areas – immunology, oncology, endocrinology, and nephrology.
Prior to joining DRG, Hamzah was a Senior Research Executive at Consulting at McCann Health, specializing in the design and execution of advanced qualitative and quantitative research methodologies, for bespoke ad-hoc consulting projects. He holds an M.Sc. in Biotechnology & Business Management from the University of Warwick and a B.Sc. in Biological Chemistry from Aston University.