Essential thrombocythemia (ET) is a hematological malignancy characterized by thrombocytosis. Patients can be classified into different categories with different therapeutic approaches and prognoses based on their age and clinical findings. Although most patients respond adequately to first-line treatments, a high unmet need exists for second-line agents that can be used in patients who do not respond to or cannot tolerate first-line therapy.
- What patient shares do key therapies and brands garner by line of therapy in newly diagnosed ET patients? What are the quarterly trends in prescribing among recently treated and newly diagnosed ET patients?
- How has anagrelide (Agrylin) been integrated into the treatment algorithm, and what is its source of business?
- What percentage of ET patients receive drug therapy after diagnosis, and how quickly? What percentage of patients progress to later lines of therapy after diagnosis?
- What percentage of ET patients are treated with monotherapy versus combination therapy? What are the most commonly used combinations?
- What are the product-level compliance and persistency rates among drug-treated patients?
Treatment Algorithms: Claims Data Analysis provides detailed, quantitative analysis of the treatment journey and brand usage across lines of therapy and overall using real-world, patient-level claims data so that marketers can accurately assess their source of business, benchmark usage against competitors, and quantify areas of opportunity for their marketed or emerging brand.
- Essential Thrombocythemia - Current Treatment - Detailed, Expanded Analysis (US)
- Treatment Algorithms Claims Data Analysis Essential Thrombocythemia US 2020
Author(s): Kanika Ujla
Kanika Ujla is an Analyst for the Infectious, Niche, & Rare Diseases (INRD) team at Decision Resources Group. In this role she supports the team by conducting primary and secondary research across a range of antibacterial and antiviral indications as well as numerous niche and rare diseases. She holds experience in R&D, consulting, business research with healthcare and life sciences companies