Growth hormone is an endogenous hormone produced by the pituitary gland; a deficiency in its production or activity is characterized by short stature, decreased capacity for exercise, and unfavorable changes in cardiovascular function. Avariety of recombinant human growth hormone (somatropin) brands are available to treat hypopituitarism, short stature, and rare genetic disorders. The choice of growth hormone product typically depends on the product’s delivery system and the support package offered by the manufacturer. This U.S. claims data analysis covers prescription patterns in growth hormone deficiency and other disorders for which recombinant growth hormone is approved for use.
- What patient shares do key therapies and brands garner by line of therapy in newly diagnosed growth hormone deficiency patients? What are the quarterly trends in prescribing among recently treated and newly diagnosed growth hormone deficiency patients?
- How has Omnitrope been integrated into the treatment algorithm, and what is its source of business?
- What percentage of growth hormone deficiency patients receive drug therapy within two years of diagnosis, and how quickly? What percentage of patients progress to later lines of therapy within two year of diagnosis?
- What percentage of growth hormone deficiency patients are treated with monotherapy versus combination therapy? What are the most commonly used combinations?
- What are the product-level compliance and persistency rates among drug-treated growth hormone deficiency patients?
Geographies: United States
Real-world data: Longitudinal patient-level claims data analysis
Key drugs covered: Genotropin, Humatrope, Norditropin, Nutropin, Omnitrope, Saizen, Zomacton
Key analysis provided: Brand/therapy usage across a longitudinal patient sample; newly diagnosed patient analysis; treatment initiation and progression; line of therapy analysis; combination therapy analysis; source of business for recently treated patients; persistency and compliance analysis; product-level patient flowcharts
Treatment Algorithms: Claims Data Analysis provides detailed, quantitative analysis of the treatment journey and brand usage across lines of therapy and overall using real-world, patient-level claims data so that marketers can accurately assess their source of business, benchmark usage against competitors, and quantify areas of opportunity for their marketed or emerging brand.
- Growth Hormone Deficiency - Current Treatment - Detailed, Expanded Analysis: Treatment Algorithms: Claims Data Analysis - (US)
- Treatment Algorithms Growth Hormone Deficiency US April 2019
Author(s): Gideon Heap
As a Principal Analyst on the Cardiovascular, Metabolic and Renal Disorders team, Gideon has a wealth of experience and expertise in pharmaceutical market analysis. In addition to creating Disease Insights covering metabolic disorders, Gideon has experience in company strategy and portfolio analysis for DRG’s Company & Drug platform.
Gideon has a Masters in Biochemistry with Biological Chemistry from the University of Nottingham, and his industry experience dates back to 2009.