Obesity is arguably the most pressing public health issue in the United States. The prevalence of obesity is extremely high, and its chronic progression is associated with type 2 diabetes and adverse cardiovascular health. Because lifestyle modifications are hard to maintain and metabolic surgery is inaccessible for many obese patients, there is considerable market opportunity for prescription weight-loss agents. Following a long period with a desperate lack of treatment options, a comparative rush of new treatment options has emerged since 2012. As drug therapies struggle to achieve the optimal balance between efficacy, safety, and affordability, gaining traction in the market and the confidence of physicians has been challenging.
- What patient share do key therapies and brands garner by line of therapy in newly diagnosed obese patients? What are the quarterly trends in prescribing among recently treated and newly diagnosed obese patients?
- How has Saxenda been integrated into the treatment algorithm?
- What proportion of obese patients receive drug therapy within one year of diagnosis, and how quickly? What percentage of patients progress to later lines of therapy within one year of diagnosis?
- What percentage of obese patients are treated with monotherapy versus combination therapy? What are the most widely used combination therapies?
- What are the product-level compliance and persistency rates among drug-treated patients with obesity?
Treatment Algorithms: Claims Data Analysis provides detailed analysis of brand use across different lines of therapy using real-world, patient-level claims data so that clients can accurately assess their source of business and quantify areas of opportunity for increasing their brand share.
Longitudinal patient-level claims data analysis
KEY DRUGS COVERED
Belviq, Contrave, Qsymia, Saxenda, Xenical
KEY ANALYSIS PROVIDED
- Brand use across a longitudinal patient sample.
- Newly diagnosed patient analysis.
- Treatment initiation and progression.
- Line of therapy analysis.
- Combination therapy analysis.
- Source of business for recently treated patients.
- Persistency and compliance analysis.
- Product-level patient flowcharts.