Metformin and the sulfonylureas are the most heavily prescribed drugs in T2D and dominate the early lines of therapy prior to disease progression, which requires insulin replacement. The emergence of more-effective, safer, and/or better-tolerated therapies, such as the DPP-IV inhibitors, SGLT-2 inhibitors, and GLP-1 receptor agonists, have provided physicians with a broad array of therapeutic options. Moreover, with a better understanding of type 2 diabetes and its complications, individualized treatment for patients is becoming more commonplace. Numerous branded agents from both established and recently emergent classes are now jostling for position in the treatment paradigm.
- What patient shares do key therapies and brands garner by line of therapy in newly diagnosed T2D patients? What are the quarterly trends in prescribing among recently treated and newly diagnosed T2D patients?
- How have Jardiance, Trulicity, and Tresiba been integrated into the treatment algorithm?
- What percentage of T2D patients receive drug therapy within one year of diagnosis? What percentage of patients progress to later lines of therapy within one year of diagnosis?
- What percentage of T2D patients are treated with monotherapy versus combination therapy? What are the most widely used combinations?
- What are the compliance and persistency rates for T2D therapies?
Treatment Algorithms: Claims Data Analysis provides detailed, quantitative analysis of the treatment journey and brand usage across lines of therapy and overall using real-world, patient-level claims data so that marketers can accurately assess their source of business, benchmark usage against competitors, and quantify areas of opportunity for their marketed or emerging brand.
KEY DRUGS COVERED
Afrezza, Apidra, Basaglar, Bydureon, Byetta, Farxiga, Humalog, Invokana, Januvia, Jardiance, Lantus, Levemir, Metformin, Nesina, Novolog, Onglyza, Ozempic, Toujeo, Tradjenta, Tresiba, Trulicity, Victoza
KEY ANALYSIS PROVIDED
- Brand use across a longitudinal patient sample.
- Newly diagnosed patient analysis.
- Treatment initiation and progression.
- Line of therapy analysis.
- Combination therapy analysis.
- Source of business for recently treated patients.
- Persistency and compliance analysis.
- Product-level patient flowcharts.