Scleroderma (systemic sclerosis [SSc]) is a rare progressive autoimmune disorder characterized by skin fibrosis, systemic inflammation, and varying degrees of vasculopathy that manifest as Raynaud’s disease and, often, painful digital ulcers. Risks of pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH), interstitial lung disease (ILD), and renal crisis are higher in SSc patients than in the general population and underlie a high mortality rate. A complex array of treatments may be used in the management of SSC; systemic immunosuppressants are prescribed to treat ILD and skin fibrosis, while other symptoms (e.g., PAH, vasculopathy, renal crisis) are treated with varying combinations of calcium channel blockers, endothelin receptor antagonists, PDE-5 inhibitors, prostacyclin analogues, and ACE inhibitors. This content provides context for emerging players seeking to capitalize on the unmet needs in this underserved arena.
- What patient shares do key therapies and brands garner by line of therapy in newly diagnosed SSc patients? What are the quarterly trends in prescribing among recently treated and newly diagnosed SSc patients?
- How has Ofev been integrated into the treatment algorithm, and what is its source of business?
- What percentage of SSc patients receive drug therapy within one year of diagnosis, and how quickly? What percentage of patients progress to later lines of therapy within one year of diagnosis?
- What percentage of SSc patients are treated with monotherapy versus combination therapy? What are the most commonly used combinations?
- What are the product-level compliance and persistency rates among drug-treated patients?
Treatment Algorithms: Claims Data Analysis provides detailed, quantitative analysis of the treatment journey and brand usage across lines of therapy and overall using real-world, patient-level claims data so that marketers can accurately assess their source of business, benchmark usage against competitors, and quantify areas of opportunity for their marketed or emerging brand.
The Treatment Algorithms dashboard supplements our claims data analysis report and retains the full set of analyses included in the PowerPoint-based report. The interactive dashboard allows for easier navigation of data visualizations and provides more detailed analyses examining the flow of treatment regimens in newly diagnosed and recently treated patients.
- Scleroderma (Systemic Sclerosis) - Current Treatment - Detailed, Expanded Analysis: Treatment Algorithms - Claims Data Analysis (US) Dashboard
Author(s): Natasha Bardhan, M.Pharm
Natasha Bardhan is a Research Associate for the Infectious, Niche, & Rare Diseases (INRD) team at Decision Resources.
Natasha Bardhan holds a bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy from DIPSAR, New Delhi and has completed her master’s in Pharmaceutics from Amity University, Noida. Prior to joining DRG, she worked as a Senior Associate at WNS (Healthcare) for two and a half years. She has worked on multiple client projects involving patents, sales and forecasting, pipeline analysis, keywords research and product/company profiling.