Adult psoriasis represents an increasingly lucrative market for biologics to treat the moderate to severe population, for whom conventional systemic and topical treatments alone are not sufficient. Of the targeted therapies, Novartis’s IL-17 inhibitor, Cosentyx; Janssen’s IL-12/23 inhibitor, Stelara; and AbbVie’s TNF-α inhibitor, Humira, dominate the landscape. However, their patient shares are being challenged by the arrival of highly effective IL-23 inhibitors—particularly, Janssen’s Tremfya and AbbVie's Skyrizi.
- What patient shares do key therapies and brands garner by line of therapy in newly diagnosed [indication] patients? What are the quarterly trends in prescribing among recently treated and newly diagnosed [indication] patients?
- What patient shares do key therapies and brands garner by line of therapy in newly diagnosed adult psoriasis patients? What are the quarterly trends in prescribing among recently treated and newly diagnosed adult psoriasis patients?
- How have IL-17 inhibitors and IL-23 inhibitors been integrated into the treatment algorithm, and what are their sources of business?
- What percentage of adult psoriasis patients receive drug therapy within 365 days of diagnosis, and how quickly? What percentage of patients progress to later lines of therapy within 365 days of diagnosis
- What percentage of adult psoriasis patients are treated with monotherapy versus combination therapy? What are the most commonly used combinations?
- What are the product-level compliance and persistency rates among drug-treated adult patients with psoriasis?
Treatment Algorithms: Claims Data Analysis provides detailed, quantitative analysis of the treatment journey and brand usage across lines of therapy and overall using real-world, patient-level claims data so that marketers can accurately assess their source of business, benchmark usage against competitors, and quantify areas of opportunity for their marketed or emerging brand.
The Treatment Algorithms dashboard is an interactive supplement to our PowerPoint-based claims data analysis reports and retains the full set of analyses included in the reports (i.e., newly diagnosed patients, recently treated patients, persistency, and compliance). The dashboard allows for easier navigation of data visualizations and provides more detailed analyses examining the flow of treatment regimens in newly diagnosed and recently treated patients. In addition, the dashboard features multiple data refreshes after report publication.
- Psoriasis - Current Treatment - Treatment Algorithms - Claims Data Analysis: Adult Psoriasis - Refreshed Dashboard 2021 (US)
- Treatment Algorithms CDA Adult Psoriasis 2021 Refreshed Dashboard
Author(s): Mohit Nasa, M.B.A.
Mohit Nasa, M.B.A., is a principal analyst on the Immune and Inflammatory Disorders team at Clarivate. He has authored content on such indications as systemic lupus erythropoiesis, psoriasis, asthma, and rheumatoid arthritis. Previously, he worked as a senior business analyst at Novartis, where he was responsible for end-to-end market assessment and related projects for Novartis’s asthma brand Xolair. Mr. Nasa holds a bachelor’s degree in pharmacy and an M.B.A. in marketing and CRM from Amity Business School in India.