Chronic sinusitis is prolonged inflammation of the paranasal sinuses that persists for more than 12 weeks despite treatment. Intranasal corticosteroids are typically used for treatment, followed by antibiotics or allergy medications, such as antihistamines, decongestants, leukotriene inhibitors, and anti-inflammatory agents. Although chronic sinusitis is one of the more-prevalent chronic illnesses in the United States, not many treatment options are available. Because no antibiotics are currently approved by the FDA to treat chronic sinusitis, otolaryngologists often prescribe antibiotics off-label based primarily on historical practice.
The report answers key questions including:
- What patient shares do key therapies and brands garner by line of therapy in newly diagnosed chronic sinusitis patients? What are the quarterly trends in prescribing among recently treated and newly diagnosed chronic sinusitis patients?
- How has the amoxicillin-clavulanate combination been integrated into the treatment algorithm, and what is its source of business?
- What percentage of chronic sinusitis patients receive drug therapy within one year of diagnosis, and how quickly? What percentage of patients progress to later lines of therapy within one year of diagnosis?
- What percentage of chronic sinusitis patients are treated with monotherapy versus combination therapy? What are the most commonly used combinations?
- What are the product-level compliance and persistency rates among drug-treated patients?
Treatment Algorithms Claims Data Analysis provides detailed, quantitative analysis of the treatment journey and brand usage across lines of therapy and overall using real-world, patient-level claims data so that marketers can accurately assess their source of business, benchmark usage against competitors, and quantify areas of opportunity for their marketed or emerging brand.
- Chronic Sinusitis - Current Treatment - Detailed, Expanded Analysis - Treatment Algorithms - Claims Data Analysis (US)
- Treatment Algorithms Claims Data Analysis Chronic Sinusitis US March 2020
Author(s): Prerna Sharma
Prerna Sharma is a senior analyst on the Immune and Inflammatory Disorders team at Decision Resources Group. She performs in-depth research to understand the rheumatology therapy area, specializing in rheumatoid arthritis, and creates disease landscape and forecast syndicated reports. Prior to joining DRG, she was a senior analyst at Evalueserve, where she fulfilled the research and market requirements of global pharmaceutical companies in creating syndicated and nonsyndicated reports detailing disease landscapes. Ms. Sharma has expertise in creating market assessments, competitive intelligence reports, and in-depth company profiles for the pharmaceutical and consumer healthcare sectors. She graduated from Amity University in India with a bachelor’s degree in biotechnology.