Chronic cough could be a result of underlying diseases (e.g., asthma, GERD), a complication of drug therapy (e.g., ACE inhibitors), or have an idiopathic feature without a clear underlying cause. Treatment typically begins with drugs targeting the suspected underlying disease; if there is no improvement, different classes of drugs might then be tried to treat the cough and identify its etiology. Physicians also prescribe antitussive agents to manage the disturbing cough symptoms. The sequential and empirical approach in treating chronic cough makes the treatment landscape complex.
- What patient shares do key therapies and brands garner by line of therapy in newly diagnosed chronic cough patients? What are the quarterly trends in prescribing among recently treated and newly diagnosed chronic cough patients?
- What percentage of chronic cough patients receive drug therapy within 12 months of diagnosis, and how quickly? What percentage of patients progress to later lines of therapy within 12 months of diagnosis?
- What percentage of chronic cough patients are treated with monotherapy versus combination therapy? What are the most commonly used combinations?
- What are the product-level compliance and persistency rates among drug-treated patients?
REAL WORLD DATA
Longitudinal patient-level claims data analysis
KEY DRUGS COVERED
Antitussive agents, PPIs, SABAs
KEY ANALYSIS PROVIDED
Brand / therapy usage across longitudinal patient sample
Newly diagnosed patient analysis
Treatment initiation and progression
Line of therapy analysis
Combination therapy analysis
Source of business for recently treated patients
Persistency and compliance analysis
Product-level patient flowcharts
Treatment Algorithms: Claims Data Analysis provides detailed, quantitative analysis of the treatment journey and brand usage across lines of therapy and overall using real-world, patient-level claims data so that marketers can accurately assess their source of business, benchmark usage against competitors, and quantify areas of opportunity for their marketed or emerging brand.
- Chronic Cough - Current Treatment - Detailed, Expanded Analysis - Treatment Algorithms - Claims Data Analysis (US)
- Treatment Algorithms Claims Data Analysis_Chronic Cough_US_March 2020
Author(s): Qinghui Yu, PhD
Qinghui Yu is a business insights analyst at Decision Resources Group. She has authored market research reports analyzing market trends in autoimmune diseases.
Prior to joining Decision Resources Group, Dr. Yu worked as a senior analyst for a life science consulting firm, where she worked on a range of projects providing strategic growth advice to clients in life science industries. Qinghui Yu holds a Ph.D. in Neuroscience from Columbia University.