Eosinophilic Esophagitis (EoE) is a chronic, allergic inflammatory disease of the esophagus caused by an accumulation of eosinophils leading to a difficulty in swallowing food with the potential for dangerous food impaction. Topical steroids and proton pump inhibitors are the mainstays of clinical management for EoE, however the indication has no official therapy approvals by FDA. EoE has an active pipeline that will further drive off-label use until novel therapies with unique MOAs reach the market. As the EoE current treatment landscape continues to evolve, this report offers insights from real-world claims data into prescribing trends in EoE to help new players to better understand current treatment practices in EoE and help define the market niche for their emerging product.
- What patient shares do key therapies and brands garner by line of therapy in newly diagnosed EoE patients? What are the quarterly trends in prescribing among recently treated and newly diagnosed EoE patients?
- How have steroids and proton pump inhibitors been integrated into the treatment algorithm, and what are their source of business?
- What percentage of EoE patients receive drug therapy within one year of diagnosis, and how quickly? What percentage of patients progress to later lines of therapy within one year of diagnosis?
- What percentage of EoE patients are treated with monotherapy vs. combination therapy? What are the most commonly used combinations?
- What are the product-level compliance and persistency rates among drug-treated patients?
Real World data
Longitudinal patient-level claims data analysis
Key Drugs Covered
Fluticasone, budesonide, ciclesonide, prednisone, dexlansoprazole, omeprazole, esomeprazole, lansoprazole, rabeprazole, and pantoprazole
Key Analysis provided
- Brand/therapy usage across longitudinal patient sample
- Newly diagnosed patient analysis
- Treatment initiation and progression
- Line of therapy analysis
- Combination therapy analysis
- Source of business for recently treated patients
- Persistency and compliance analysis
- Product-level patient flowcharts
Treatment Algorithms: Claims Data Analysis provides detailed, quantitative analysis of the treatment journey and brand usage across lines of therapy and overall using real-world, patient-level claims data so that marketers can accurately assess their source of business, benchmark usage against competitors, and quantify areas of opportunity for their marketed or emerging brand.