The adult psoriasis market has become increasingly lucrative owing to the growing use of biologics in the moderate to severe population, which cannot be adequately controlled with conventional systemic and topical agents. The dominance of the TNF-alpha inhibitors, Amgen's PDE-4 inhibitor Otezla, and Janssen’s IL-12/23 inhibitor Stelara is now being challenged by the launch of highly effective IL-17 inhibitors—notably, Novartis’s Cosentyx and Eli Lilly’s Taltz—and IL-23 inhibitors—in particular, Janssen’s Tremfya and AbbVie's Skyrizi.
- What patient share do key therapies and brands garner by line of therapy in newly diagnosed adult psoriasis patients? What are the quarterly trends in prescribing among recently treated and newly diagnosed adult psoriasis patients?
- How have IL-17 inhibitors and IL-23 inhibitors been integrated into the treatment algorithm?
- What proportion of adult psoriasis patients receive drug therapy within 365 days of diagnosis, and how quickly? What percentage of patients progress to later lines of therapy within 365 days of diagnosis?
- What percentage of adult psoriasis patients are treated with monotherapy versus combination therapy? What are the most widely used combination therapies?
- What are the product-level compliance and persistency rates among drug-treated adult patients with psoriasis?
Treatment Algorithms: Claims Data Analysis provides detailed, quantitative analysis of the treatment journey and brand usage across lines of therapy and overall using real-world, patient-level claims data so that marketers can accurately assess their source of business, benchmark usage against competitors, and quantify areas of opportunity for their marketed or emerging brand.