Psoriasis is a chronic, inflammatory, autoimmune skin disease that can affect children, adolescents, and adults. Although adult psoriasis and pediatric psoriasis are similar, effective management of pediatric psoriasis is more challenging owing to limited treatments approved for children. Although topical corticosteroids continue to be the mainstay of pediatric psoriasis treatment, there is an increase in biologics use owing to the more frequent and severe adverse events associated with the long-term use of topical corticosteroids in children. Use of conventional systemics also appears to be on the decline, further underscoring a growing need for treatments with more-acceptable safety profiles.
- What patient shares do key therapies and brands garner by line of therapy in newly diagnosed pediatric psoriasis patients? What are the quarterly trends in prescribing among recently treated and newly diagnosed pediatric psoriasis patients?
- How have biologics such as Cosentyx, Enbrel, Humira, Stelara, Taltz, and Tremfya been integrated into the treatment algorithm, and what are their sources of business?
- What percentage of pediatric psoriasis patients receive drug therapy within 365 days of diagnosis, and how quickly? What percentage of pediatric patients progress to later lines of therapy within 365 days of diagnosis?
- What percentage of pediatric psoriasis patients are treated with monotherapy versus combination therapy? What are the most commonly used combinations?
- What are the product-level compliance and persistency rates among drug-treated pediatric patients with psoriasis?
Treatment Algorithms: Claims Data Analysis provides detailed, quantitative analysis of the treatment journey and brand usage across lines of therapy and overall using real-world, patient-level claims data so that marketers can accurately assess their source of business, benchmark usage against competitors, and quantify areas of opportunity for their marketed or emerging brand.
Markets covered: United States
Key companies: AbbVie, Amgen, Bausch Health, Eli Lilly, Janssen, Novartis
Key drugs: Cosentyx, Elidel, Enbrel, Humira, Stelara, Taclonex, Taltz, Tremfya
- Psoriasis - Current Treatment - Detailed, Expanded Analysis Pediatric Psoriasis - Treatment Algorithms - Claims Data Analysis (US)
- Treatment Algorithms CDA Pediatric Psoriasis US 2021 Dashboard
Author(s): Mohit Nasa, M.B.A.
Mohit Nasa, M.B.A., is a principal analyst on the Immune and Inflammatory Disorders team at DRG, part of Clarivate. He has authored content on such indications as systemic lupus erythropoiesis, psoriasis, asthma, and rheumatoid arthritis. Prior to joining DRG, he worked as a senior business analyst at Novartis, where he was responsible for end-to-end market assessment and related projects for Novartis’s asthma brand Xolair. Mr. Nasa holds a bachelor’s degree in pharmacy and an M.B.A. in marketing and CRM from Amity Business School in India.