Crohn’s disease (CD) is a chronic inflammatory disorder of the gastrointestinal tract characterized by diarrhea, abdominal pain, and weight loss. Children with CD have a more-complicated disease course compared with adult patients. The primary goal of pediatric CD treatment is to induce and maintain remission as quickly as possible. Historically, treatment of pediatric CD would begin with safe, albeit often less-efficacious, conventional agents (e.g., 5-ASAs) and then progress to more-potent drugs, such as biologics and/or immunosuppressants. However, this scenario has largely changed, and physicians increasingly initiate treatment with TNF-alpha inhibitors (e.g., Janssen/Merck’s Remicade, AbbVie/Eisai’s Humira). The non-TNF biologics, including Takeda’s Entyvio and Janssen’s Stelara, also have a growing market share.
- What patient share do key therapies and brands garner by line of therapy in newly diagnosed pediatric CD patients? What are the quarterly trends in prescribing among recently treated and newly diagnosed pediatric CD patients?
- How have Remicade and Humira been integrated into the treatment algorithm?
- What proportion of pediatric CD patients receive drug therapy within 365 days of diagnosis, and how quickly? What percentage of patients progress to later lines of therapy within 365 days of diagnosis?
- What percentage of pediatric CD patients are treated with monotherapy versus combination therapy? What are the most widely used combination therapies?
- What are the product-level compliance and persistency rates among drug-treated patients with pediatric CD?
Real World data
Longitudinal patient-level claims data analysis
Key Drugs Covered
Humira, Remicade, Entyvio, Stelara, Cimzia, aminosalicylates, immunosuppressants
Key Analysis provided
- Brand/therapy usage across longitudinal patient sample
- Newly diagnosed patient analysis
- Treatment initiation and progression
- Line of therapy analysis
- Combination therapy analysis
- Source of business for recently treated patients
- Persistency and compliance analysis
- Product-level patient flowcharts
Treatment Algorithms: Claims Data Analysis provides detailed analysis of brand use across different lines of therapy using real-world patient-level claims data so that clients can accurately assess their source of business and quantify areas of opportunity for increasing their brand share.