Drug treatment of chronic heart failure (CHF) with reduced ejection fraction (HFrEF) is well established with a wealth of supporting evidence from clinical trials. ACE inhibitors or ARBs, beta blockers, and loop diuretics are typically used in first-line treatment of HFrEF patients. Given the heavily genericized nature of the market, branded agents, such as Novartis’s Entresto and Amgen’s Corlanor, have had difficulty establishing a foothold; nevertheless, use of Entresto has been steadily growing since its launch in 2015. This HFrEF treatment algorithm offers insight into the U.S. prescribing patterns in this CHF subpopulation.
- What patient shares do key therapies and brands garner by line of therapy in newly diagnosed HFrEF patients? What are the quarterly trends in prescribing among recently treated and newly diagnosed HFrEF patients?
- How have Entresto and Corlanor been integrated into the treatment algorithm, and what is their source of business?
- What percentage of HFrEF patients receive drug therapy within one year of diagnosis, and how quickly? What percentage of patients progress to later lines of therapy within one year of diagnosis?
- What percentage of HFrEF patients are treated with monotherapy versus combination therapy? What are the most commonly used combinations?
- What are the product-level compliance and persistency rates among drug-treated HFrEF patients?
Treatment Algorithms: Claims Data Analysis provides detailed, quantitative analysis of the treatment journey and brand usage across lines of therapy and overall using real-world, patient-level claims data so that marketers can accurately assess their source of business, benchmark usage against competitors, and quantify areas of opportunity for their marketed or emerging brand.
- Heart Failure - Current Treatment - Detailed, Expanded Analysis - Chronic Heart Failure - Reduced Ejection Fraction - Treatment Algorithms - Claims Data Analysis - US
- Treatment Algorithms: Claims Data Analysis | Chronic Heart Failure with Reduced Ejection Fraction | US | May 2020
Author(s): Dwaipayan Chatterjee, M.Pharm
Dwaipayan Chatterjee is an Analyst in the Cardiovascular, Metabolism Renal and Hematology disease team at Decision Resources Group.
He holds a M.Pharm degree with specialization in Pharmaceutical Chemistry from Birla Institute of Technology & Science, Pilani, Rajasthan, India. Prior joining DRG, he worked as an Equity Analyst for the U.S. Healthcare sector with Market Realist working on competitive intelligence and analysis of pharmaceutical financial data. He also worked as a market research analyst for Mordor Intelligence with experience of market sizing, forecasting, and analyzing market dynamics.