Insomnia is a prevalent sleep disorder characterized by daytime dysfunction as a result of one or more sleep problems. The treatment of insomnia is highly individualized, and physicians consider multiple factors when selecting an appropriate therapeutic. The primary goal of treatment is to improve patients’ quality of sleep, with minimal next-day side effects. Although generics are entrenched in the insomnia treatment algorithm, new brands are launching, and the pipeline is becoming increasingly active.
- What patient shares do key therapies and brands garner by line of therapy in newly diagnosed insomnia patients? What are the quarterly trends in prescribing among recently treated and newly diagnosed insomnia patients?
- How has Belsomra been integrated into the treatment algorithm, and what is its source of business?
- What percentage of insomnia patients receive drug therapy within one year of diagnosis, and how quickly? What percentage of patients progress to later lines of therapy within one year of diagnosis?
- What percentage of insomnia patients are treated with monotherapy versus combination therapy? What are the most commonly used combinations?
- What are the product-level compliance and persistency rates among drug-treated patients?
Geographies: United States
Real-world data: Longitudinal patient-level claims data analysis
Key drugs covered: Belsomra, Silenor, zolpidem IR, zolpidem CR, eszopiclone, trazodone, Rozerem, lorazepam, zaleplon
Key analysis provided:
- Brand/therapy usage across longitudinal patient sample.
- Newly diagnosed patient analysis.
- Treatment initiation and progression.
- Line of therapy analysis.
- Combination therapy analysis.
- Source of business for recently treated patients.
- Persistency and compliance analysis.
- Product-level patient flowcharts.
Treatment Algorithms: Claims Data Analysis provides detailed, quantitative analysis of the treatment journey and brand usage across lines of therapy and overall using real-world, patient-level claims data so that marketers can accurately assess their source of business, benchmark usage against competitors, and quantify areas of opportunity for their marketed or emerging brand.
- Insomnia - Current Treatment - Detailed, Expanded Analysis - Treatment Algorithms - Claims Data Analysis (US)
Author(s): Shefali Gulati, MBA Pharm
Shefali Gulati, Associate analyst, is part of the Central Nervous System, Pain, and Ophthalmology team at Decision Resources Group.
She is responsible for performing extensive secondary market research and analysis for major pharmaceutical markets. She comes with one year of experience working on multiple client projects revolving around opportunity assessment, competitive landscape, pipeline analysis, and key product profiling. She holds a MBA degree in Pharmaceutical Management from the National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research (NIPER) in India and Bachelor’s in Pharmacy from DIPSAR.