Antipsychotics are the cornerstone of schizophrenia treatment, with the crowded atypical and typical antipsychotic drug classes resulting in a complex treatment algorithm. Given the genericization of key oral therapies and the availability of newer oral and long-acting depot antipsychotics in the United States, such as Otsuka/Lundbeck’s Rexulti, Allergan’s Vraylar, Alkermes’s Aristada, and Janssen’s Invega Trinza, competition in the U.S. market continues to intensify. As such, an understanding of the nuanced schizophrenia treatment landscape is essential to assess remaining opportunities for drugs in the space.
- What patient share do key therapies and brands garner by line of therapy in newly diagnosed schizophrenia patients? What are the quarterly trends in prescribing among recently treated and newly diagnosed schizophrenia patients?
- How have newer agents, such as Rexulti, Vraylar, Aristada, and Invega Trinza, been integrated into the schizophrenia treatment algorithm?
- What proportion of schizophrenia patients receive drug therapy within one year of diagnosis, and how quickly? What percentage of patients progress to later lines of therapy within one year of diagnosis?
- What percentage of schizophrenia patients are treated with monotherapy versus combination therapy? What are the most widely used combination therapies?
- What are the product-level compliance and persistency rates among drug-treated patients with schizophrenia?
Treatment Algorithms: Claims Data Analysis provides detailed analysis of brand usage across different lines of therapy using real-world data patient-level claims data so you can accurately assess your source of business and quantify areas of opportunity for increasing your brand share.
Markets covered: United States
Real World data: Longitudinal patient-level claims data analysis
Key companies: Otsuka, Lundbeck, Allergan, Alkermes, Janssen, Sumitomo Dainippon Pharma, Sunovion, Takeda Pharmaceutical, Eli Lilly, Novartis, AstraZeneca
Key drugs: Abilify Maintena, Aristada, Invega Sustenna, Invega Trinza, Latuda, Rexulti, Risperdal Consta, Vraylar, Zyprexa Relprevv, aripiprazole, clozapine, olanzapine, risperidone, typical antipsychotics, other generics
Key Analysis provided:
- Brand Usage Across Longitudinal Patient Sample
- Newly Diagnosed Patient Analysis
- Treatment Initiation and Progression
- Line of Therapy Analysis
- Combination Therapy Analysis
- Source of Business for Recently Treated Patients
- Persistency and Compliance Analysis
- Product-level Patient Flow Charts