Parkinson’s disease (PD) treatment is complex; the disease is heterogeneous, requiring individualized treatment and frequent adjustments to achieve symptom control. New therapies that address PD motor and nonmotor symptoms have reached the U.S. market and more are set to emerge from a dynamic pipeline. Understanding treatment pathways in PD today will be crucial for developers of new therapies facing a complicated, increasingly generic market. Our Treatment Algorithms offering provides national patient-level claims data to explore the use of key therapies in both newly diagnosed and recently-treated patients.
- What patient share do key therapies and brands garner by line of therapy in newly diagnosed PD patients? What are the quarterly trends in prescribing among recently-treated and newly diagnosed PD patients?
- How have Rytary and other new brands been integrated into the treatment algorithm?
- What proportion of PD patients receive drug therapy within one year of diagnosis, and how quickly? What percentage of patients progress to later lines of therapy within one year of diagnosis?
- What percentage of PD patients are treated with monotherapy versus combination therapy? What are the most widely used combination therapies?
- What are the product-level compliance and persistency rates among drug-treated patients with PD?
Treatment Algorithms: Claims Data Analysis: Provides detailed analysis of brand usage across different lines of therapy using real-world data patient-level claims data so you can accurately assess your source of business and quantify areas of opportunity for increasing your brand share.