Epilepsy is a heterogeneous condition requiring individualized treatment. Neurologists consider many factors when selecting among the numerous first-, second-, and third-generation anti-epileptic (AEDs) currently available, and must make adjustments throughout a patients’ disease course to achieve optimal seizure control. Understanding the evolving patient journey in epilepsy provides important context about a complex, saturated, and heavily generic market for marketers of branded AEDs and developers planning to enter the market. Our Treatment Algorithms offering provides national patient-level claims data to explore the use of key therapies in both newly diagnosed and recently-treated patients.
- What patient share do key therapies and brands garner by line of therapy in newly diagnosed epilepsy patients? What are the quarterly trends in prescribing among recently-treated and new diagnosed epilepsy patients?
- How have Briviact and other third-generation brands been integrated into the treatment algorithm?
- What proportion of epilepsy patients receive drug therapy within one year of diagnosis, and how quickly? What percentage of patients progress to later lines of therapy within one year of diagnosis?
- What percentage of epilepsy patients are treated with monotherapy versus combination therapy? What are the most widely used combination therapies?
- What are the product-level compliance and persistency rates among drug-treated patients with epilepsy?
Treatment Algorithms: Claims Data Analysis: Provides detailed analysis of brand usage across different lines of therapy using real-world data patient-level claims data so you can accurately assess your source of business and quantify areas of opportunity for increasing your brand share.