The highly entrenched generic market for major depressive disorder (MDD) patients poses a challenge for branded agents attempting to gain traction in the United States. The heterogeneous responses of MDD patients to well-ingrained antidepressants and/or atypical antipsychotics provide new branded agents with the opportunity to be incorporated into the well-established drug market. Due to the very crowded and competitive MDD landscape, understanding where the current players fit in the treatment algorithm is essential.
- What patient shares do key therapies and brands garner by line of therapy in newly diagnosed MDD patients? What are the quarterly trends in prescribing among recently treated and newly diagnosed MDD patients?
- How have Allergan’s Fetzima (levomilnacipran) and Lundbeck / Takeda’s Trintellix (vortioxetine) been integrated into the treatment algorithm, and what are their sources of business?
- What percentage of MDD patients receive standards of care such as SSRIs (e.g., escitalopram [Lundbeck / Allergan’s Lexapro, generics]) or newer-to- market brands within one year of diagnosis, and how quickly? What percentage of patients progress to later lines of therapy within one year of diagnosis?
- What percentage of MDD patients are treated with monotherapy versus combination therapy? What are the most commonly used combinations?
- What are the product-level compliance and persistency rates among drug-treated patients?
Geography: United States
Real-world data: Longitudinal patient-level claims data analysis.
Key drugs covered: Aplenzin, Fetzima, Forfivo XL, Latuda, quetiapine, Rexulti, sertraline, Spravato, Trintellix, Vraylar
Key companies: Allergan, Almatica Pharma, Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Lundbeck, Otsuka, Sanofi, Sunovion, Takeda
Key analysis provided:
- Brand / therapy usage across longitudinal patient sample.
- Newly diagnosed patient analysis.
- Treatment initiation and progression.
- Line of therapy analysis.
- Combination therapy analysis.
- Source of business for recently treated patients.
- Persistency and compliance analysis.
- Product-level patient flowcharts.
Treatment Algorithms: Claims Data Analysis provides detailed, quantitative analysis of the treatment journey and brand usage across lines of therapy and overall using real-world, patient-level claims data so that marketers can accurately assess their source of business, benchmark usage against competitors, and quantify areas of opportunity for their marketed or emerging brand.