For the estimated 3.4 million people in the United States who suffer from Alzheimer’s disease (AD), approved pharmacotherapy is limited to four procognitive symptomatic agents (e.g., donepezil, memantine) that deliver modest efficacy of limited duration. Understanding today’s treatment landscape is important for emerging players as the heavily generic AD therapy market braces for the potential entry of a variety of new, high-cost brands—namely, landmark disease-modifying therapies and new behavioral adjuncts. Our Treatment Algorithms: Claims Data Analysis content provides national patient-level claims data to explore the use of key therapies in both newly diagnosed and recently treated patients. A separate, companion claims data analysis offers a detailed look at the use of neuropsychiatric drugs used to treat AD.
- What patient share do key therapies and brands garner by line of therapy in newly diagnosed AD patients? What are the quarterly trends in prescribing among recently treated and newly diagnosed AD patients?
- How has Namzaric been integrated into the treatment algorithm?
- What proportion of AD patients receive drug therapy within two years of diagnosis, and how quickly? What percentage of patients progress to later lines of therapy within two years of diagnosis?
- What percentage of AD patients are treated with monotherapy versus combination therapy? What are the most widely used combination therapies?
- What are the product-level compliance and persistency rates among drug-treated AD patients?
Treatment Algorithms: Claims Data Analysis provides detailed, quantitative analysis of the treatment journey and brand usage across lines of therapy and overall using real-world, patient-level claims data, so that you can accurately assess your source of business, benchmark usage against competitors, and quantify areas of opportunity for your marketed or emerging brand.
Markets covered: United States
Real-world data: Longitudinal patient-level claims data analysis
Key companies: Allergan, Novartis
Key drugs: Donepezil, galantamine, rivastigmine, rivastigmine patch, memantine IR, Namenda XR, Namzaric
Key analysis provided:
- Brand/therapy use across longitudinal patient sample.
- Newly diagnosed patient analysis.
- Treatment initiation and progression.
- Line of therapy analysis.
- Combination therapy analysis.
- Source of business for recently treated patients.
- Persistency and compliance analysis.
- Product-level patient flowcharts.