For the estimated 3 million people in the United States who have Alzheimer’s disease (AD), approved treatment is limited to five procognitive symptomatic therapies (e.g., donepezil, memantine) that deliver modest efficacy of limited duration. All other treatment, including those for disruptive behavioral symptoms, is off- label and no drugs impact the underlying course of the disease. Understanding the current treatment landscape is crucial context for emerging players as the market braces for the entry of a variety of novel therapies including potentially landmark disease-modifying therapies, new procognitive symptomatic adjuncts, and targeted behavioral treatments. Our Treatment Algorithms offering provides national patient-level claims data to explore the use of key therapies in both newly diagnosed and recently-treated patients.
- What patient share do key therapies and brands garner by line of therapy in newly diagnosed Alzheimer’s disease patients? What are the quarterly trends in prescribing among recently-treated and new diagnosed Alzheimer’s disease patients?
- How has Namzaric been integrated into the treatment algorithm?
- What proportion of Alzheimer’s disease patients receive drug therapy within a year of diagnosis, and how quickly? What percentage of patients progress to later lines of therapy within a year of diagnosis?
- What percentage of Alzheimer’s disease patients are treated with monotherapy versus combination therapy? What are the most widely used combination therapies?
- What are the product-level compliance and persistency rates among drug-treated patients with Alzheimer’s disease?
Treatment Algorithms: Claims Data Analysis: Provides detailed analysis of brand usage across different lines of therapy using real-world data patient-level claims data so you can accurately assess your source of business and quantify areas of opportunity for increasing your brand share.