DRG Epidemiology’s coverage of membranous nephropathy comprises epidemiological estimates of key patient populations in 45 countries worldwide. We report the prevalence of membranous nephropathy for each country, as well as annualized case counts projected to the national population.
Most patient populations are forecast over a period of 20 years for the major mature pharmaceutical markets of the United States, Europe, and Japan and 10 years for the other countries covered in this report.
DRG Epidemiology’s membranous nephropathy forecast will answer the following questions:
- How will changes in the levels of exposure to known risk or protective factors affect the number of people living with membranous nephropathy?
- In developing countries, what impact will economic growth and development have on the number of people living with a diagnosis of membranous nephropathy?
- Of all people with membranous nephropathy, how many in each country have been formally diagnosed?
- How will demographic trends, such as population aging and improving life expectancy, affect the epidemiology of membranous nephropathy over the forecast period?
All forecast data are available on the DRG Insights Platform in tabular format, with options to download to MS Excel. All populations are accompanied by a comprehensive description of the methods and data sources used, with hyperlinks to external sources. A summary evidence table generated as part of our systematic review of the epidemiological literature is provided for full transparency into research and methods.
DRG Epidemiology provides at least ten years of forecast data for the following membranous nephropathy populations:
- Diagnosed incident cases
- Diagnosed prevalent cases
Note: Coverage may vary by country.
- Epidemiology Dashboard
- Membranous Nephropathy Epidemiology Dashboard
Author(s): Shilpa Thakur
Shilpa Thakur is a medical graduate with a from the Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research with a specialization in epidemiology and biostatistics. She specializes in developing epidemiological forecasts for the multiple indications within the DRG syndicated portfolio. Prior to joining Decision Resources, she monitored HIV sentinel surveillance 2016-2017 in Himachal Pradesh. She also has worked on to see the patterns of Antimicrobial resistance in India.