DRG Epidemiology's coverage of Schizophrenia comprises epidemiological estimates of key patient populations across 45 countries worldwide. We report both the incidence and prevalence of Schizophrenia for each country, as well as annualized case counts projected to the national population.
Most patient populations are forecast over a period of 20 years for the major mature pharmaceutical markets and 10 years for the other countries covered in this report. In addition to forecasting incident and prevalent patient populations, the number of drug-treatment opportunities at specific lines of therapy are also forecast across the major mature pharmaceutical markets.
DRG Epidemiology's Schizophrenia forecast will answer the following questions:
- How will changes in the levels of exposure to known risk or protective factors affect the number of people living with Schizophrenia?
- Of all people with Schizophrenia, how many people in each country have been formally diagnosed?
- How will demographic trends, such as population aging and improving life expectancy, affect the epidemiology of Schizophrenia over the forecast period?
All forecast data are available on the DRG Insights Platform in tabular format, with options to download to MS Excel. All populations are accompanied by a comprehensive description of the methods and data sources used, with hyperlinks to external sources. A summary evidence table generated as part of our systematic review of the epidemiological literature is also provided for full transparency into research and methods.
In total, DRG Epidemiology forecasts Schizophrenia patient populations, as follows:
- Diagnosed incident cases
- Diagnosed lifetime prevalent cases
- Diagnosed lifetime prevalent cases by symptom scheme
- Diagnosed lifetime prevalent cases by cormorbidity scheme
- Diagnosed lifetime prevalent cases by cognitive effect scheme
- Diagnosed drug-treated lifetime prevalent cases
- Lifetime DALYs gained
- … and many more (details available on request).
- Epidemiology Dashboard
- Schizophrenia Epidemiology Dashboard
Author(s): Swarali Tadwalkar, MPH; Nishant Kumar, MPH
Swarali joined Decision Resources Group (DRG) in 2016 and with the Epidemiology team develops epidemiological populations forecasts for different infectious and non-communicable diseases with her particular interests in the oncology space. Prior to joining DRG, she has been extensively involved in primary and secondary healthcare research. Her experience involves projects in digital health, health policy and management, and health economics and outcomes research (HEOR). She has also coordinated various non-governmental public health projects focusing in hepatitis and human papilloma virus treatment access. Swarali holds a Masters in Public Health (Epidemiology) degree from the University of South Florida, Tampa.
Nishant is a senior epidemiologist and head of oncology within the epidemiology team at Decision Resources Group. He also covers some CNS diseases, including Alzheimer’s disease and dementia. His key interests are developing interactive patient flows, and modelling disease progression to forecast commercially relevant drug-treatable incident and prevalent populations. Nishant also spends a lot of time collaborating with clients to help answer more specific questions through custom work and consulting projects. His qualifications include an MSc in Public Health with specialization in epidemiology and statistics from King’s College London, and a BSc in Medical Studies from the University of Birmingham.