Breast cancer is one of the most frequently diagnosed cancers among Chinese women. A high incidence and a prolonged treatment duration makes breast cancer a lucrative commercial opportunity for pharmaceutical manufacturers in China. The drug-treatment rate for breast cancer has increased over the last few years in China owing to the launch and NRDL inclusion of novel, premium-priced therapies, including pertuzumab (Roche’s Perjeta) and olaparib (AstraZeneca’s Lynparza). With a strong late-phase pipeline, we expect additional new agents to be launched, leading to further market growth during the forecast period. Additionally, with the ongoing reforms in the regulatory and access and reimbursement landscape of China, multinational companies are likely to be increasingly incentivized to enter the breast cancer market.
- How large is China’s drug-treatable breast cancer population, and how will the drug-treatment rate change during the forecast period?
- Which are the most commercially relevant drugs in China’s breast cancer market and why? What are interviewed experts’ insights into current treatment options? Which clinical needs remain unfulfilled?
- What are the key market access considerations for key therapies in the breast cancer pipeline in China? What sales could they secure in breast cancer? What are interviewed experts’ opinions on the key emerging therapies?
- What are the key drivers and constraints in the Chinese breast cancer market, and how will the market evolve over the forecast period?
Country-specific qualitative and quantitative insights driven by 5 thought-leader interviews and 50 surveys with oncologists Supported by survey data collected for this and other DRG research epidemiology Diagnosed prevalence of breast cancer in urban versus rural China; clinically relevant and market-relevant drug-treatable populations
10-year, annualized, drug-level sales and patient shares of key breast cancer regimens through 2029, based on primary and secondary market research to formulate bottom-up assumptions
Phase III/PR: 3+ drugs; Phase II: 5+ drugs; coverage of select preclinical and Phase I products
China In-Depth offers comprehensive market intelligence, including world-class epidemiology, keen insight into the China-specific A&R environment, current treatment paradigms, in-depth pipeline assessments, and drug forecasts supported by detailed primary and secondary research. This solution helps companies gauge commercial outlooks and optimize clinical development, subpopulation targeting, physician messaging, and overall long-term strategy in China.
- Breast Cancer | China In-Depth | China
- Coming Soon
- Coming Soon
- Coming Soon
Author(s): Karan Verma, MSc
Karan is a Senior Analyst with the China-in-Depth team at Decision Resources Group, where he specializes in disease landscape and forecast reports based on a range of indications and therapy areas and focused specifically on the China healthcare market. Before joining DRG, Karan was associated with Aranca, a boutique management consulting firm. Prior to that, he was working with Frost & Sullivan, a global healthcare consulting firm, where he was helping clients devise market entry strategies, conducting technology feasibility studies, and doing competitive intelligence for new product development. His prior experience also includes a short KTP program with the University of Southampton, UK. Karan has earned his MSc in Biomedical Engineering from the University of Warwick, and in Biomedical Engineering from Maharshi Dayanand University, Haryana, India.