DRG Epidemiology’s coverage of cystic fibrosis (CF) comprises epidemiological estimates of key patient populations in 45 countries worldwide. We report both the incidence and prevalence of CF for each country, as well as annualized case counts projected to the national population.
Most patient populations in the mature pharmaceutical markets (United States, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom, and Japan) are forecast over a period of 20 years; patient populations in the other countries are forecast over a period of 10 years.
DRG Epidemiology’s CF forecast will answer the following question:
- How will demographic trends, such as population aging and improving life expectancy, affect the epidemiology of CF over the forecast period?
All forecast data are available on the DRG Insights Platform in tabular format, with options to download to MS Excel. All populations are accompanied by a comprehensive description of the methods and data sources used, with hyperlinks to external sources. A summary evidence table generated as part of our systematic review of the epidemiological literature is also provided for full transparency into research and methods. In addition, for the mature pharmaceutical markets, we provide a graph depicting the patient flow between or within different disease states. These patient-flow diagrams are provided at the regional level but may be requested for any specific country or forecast year.
DRG Epidemiology provides at least ten years of forecast data for the following CF patient populations:
- Incident cases of CF at birth.
- Diagnosed prevalent cases of CF.
Note: Coverage may vary by country and region.
- Emerging Markets
- Key Findings
- Diagnosed Prevalence of Cystic Fibrosis per 100,000 People of All Ages in 2019 and 2029
- Relative Sizes of the Contributing Factors to the Trend in Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of Cystic Fibrosis over the Next Ten Years
- Number of Additional Prevalent Cases of Cystic Fibrosis Incurred over 2019-2029 in the Countries Under Study
- Epidemiology Data
- Birth Incident Cases
- Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of Cystic Fibrosis
- Diagnosed Prevalent Cases Stratified by CFTR Mutation
- Diagnosed Drug-Treated Prevalent Cases
- Reference Materials
- Literature Review
- Risk/Protective Factors
Author(s): Atul Sharma, MPH
Atul Sharma started working in Decision Resources Group as an intern in early 2016 and currently works as an associate epidemiologist. He performs fully documented systematic reviews of both published and grey literature on the epidemiology of assigned diseases and their risk factors to estimate incidence/prevalence over a 10-30 year period. He produces analyses for pharmaceutical drug developers on the descriptive epidemiology of major drug indications in mature and developing markets. He holds a Master’s in Public Health degree from School of Public Health, Post-Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research and a Bachelor’s in dental surgery from MN DAV Dental College & Hospital.