Non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma (NHL) encompasses a plethora of subtypes with varying prognoses and drug-treatment options. MabThera remains at the heart of NHL treatment, and recent years have seen the market entry of small-molecule targeted therapies, such as Venclyxto for chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL). Several novel therapies are on the horizon. As premium-priced therapies diversify treatment options, hematological oncologists will also have to contend with payer-imposed reimbursement restrictions and cost-containment strategies that will increasingly play a pivotal role in shaping medical oncologists’ prescribing practices—and, in turn, determine the commercial success of emerging NHL and CLL therapies.
- What are the key driving forces and constraints that influence EU5 payers’ reimbursement decisions for NHL and CLL?
- How do market access and reimbursement policies at national, regional, and local levels shape prescribing preferences for NHL and CLL therapies?
- How do payers prioritize diminishing budgets and control prescribing of NHL and CLL therapies accordingly?
- How do oncologists view select emerging NHL and CLL therapies, and do they expect to prescribe them? To what extent will EU5 payer policy likely impact uptake of these novel agents?
Access & Reimbursement reports provide in-depth insight regarding the impact of payer policies on physician prescribing behavior so that clients can build their market access strategy and optimize their brand positioning.
Actionable recommendations to optimize market access, market access success and stumbles, market access roadblocks, reimbursement dynamics, the impact of pricing and reimbursement, policy, and coverage on prescribing.
Scope of Report:
- Geography: France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom (i.e., EU5).
- Primary research: Survey of 250 hematologist-oncologists in the EU5 (50 per country) and interviews with 10 EU5 payers (2 per country).
- Key drugs covered: MabThera, rituximab biosimilar, Gazyvaro, Imbruvica, Venclyxto, Velcade, Revlimid, Kymriah, Yescarta
- Detailed, Expanded Analysis (EU5)
- NHL and CLL EU5 Access & Reimbursement
Author(s): Yulia Privolnev, MA; Laura Vinuesa, DVM, MSc
Yulia Privolnev is a manager on the Global Market Access Insights team at Decision Resources Group, primarily focusing on European market access. She is responsible for monitoring, analyzing, and reporting on global market access through the production of DRG’s Global Market Access Solution (GMAS) and Access & Reimbursement products. Yulia’s specific focus is on all aspects of market access in Western and Eastern Europe, as well as external reference pricing (ERP) and managed entry agreements (MEAs) on a global scale. Yulia holds a bachelor’s degree from the University of Toronto and a master’s degree from the London School of Economics.
Laura Vinuesa, DVM, is a Senior Business Insights Analyst in the Oncology Division at Decision Resources Group, with expertise in thyroid carcinoma and bladder cancer. Previously, Dr. Vinuesa was an EU Market Access Analyst in the Global Market Access Insights Team at Decision Resources Group. She has expertise in market access, pricing and reimbursement, health technology assessment, and health policy. Prior to joining Decision Resources, she worked as Market Access & Institutional Relations Analyst at Pfizer in Spain, providing support for the successful market launch of drugs for different areas: cardiovascular, oncology, mental disorder and rare disease. She is a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine from the Complutense University of Madrid, and holds a in Clinical Research and Pharmaceutical Medicine from EPHOS - School of PharmaStudies. lvinuesa@