Non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma (NHL) comprises a heterogeneous group of hematological malignancies that can be broadly classified into indolent and aggressive subtypes. The treatment algorithm for NHL continues to evolve rapidly as existing drug labels are expanded and new therapies are added to the armamentarium. Over the past two years, new market entrants include PI3K inhibitor Copiktra (Verastem), BTK inhibitor Calquence (AstraZeneca), and the anti-CD19 CAR T-cell therapies Kymriah (Novartis) and Yescarta (Gilead / Kite Pharma). These novel therapies will command high prices, but their commercial success will also be determined based on how well they are adopted into clinical practice.
- What is the uptake of recent market entrants in the United States, such as Kymriah, Yescarta, Aliqopa, and Calquence, according to surveyed hematologist-oncologists?
- How do drug-treatment rates vary across NHL / CLL subtypes, according to line of therapy?
- What is the patient share of key therapies and regimens used to treat newly diagnosed and relapsed/refractory NHL / CLL subtypes?
- What are the key drivers and obstacles determining current prescribing patterns in NHL / CLL?
Current Treatment: Physician Insights provides physician insights on treatment dynamics, prescribing behavior, and drivers of brand use so that marketers can create specific messaging around these treatment dynamics to more effectively increase or defend their market position.
Markets covered: United States.
Primary research: Survey of 101 U.S. hematologist-oncologists.
Key Drugs Covered: Aliqopa, Arzerra, Calquence, Copiktra, Gazyva, Imbruvica, Kymriah, Revlimid, Rituxan / Rituxan Hycela, Velcade, Venclexta, Yescarta, Zydelig.
Key Subtypes Covered: Chronic lymphocytic leukemia/small lymphocytic lymphoma (CLL/SLL), diffuse large B-cell lymphoma (DLBCL), follicular lymphoma (FL), and mantle cell lymphoma (MCL).
- Detailed, Expanded Analysis (US)
- Current Treatment Physician Insights NHL / CLL US [June] 2019
Author(s): Priti Girotra, M.Pharm., Ph.D
Priti Girotra, , is an analyst in the oncology team at Decision Resources Group and has authored insightful content on multiple indications including Non-Small-Cell Lung Cancer, Colorectal Cancer, Gastroesophageal Cancer, Malignant Melanoma, and Multiple Myeloma. Prior to joining DRG, Dr. Girotra conducted her research on formulation optimization of nanoparticles containing triptan derivatives for effective brain targeting and therapeutic management of migraine, under a DST-INSPIRE Fellowship at University of Science & Technology, Hisar, India.