About DRG Epidemiology
DRG’s Epidemiology provides bottom-up, patient-level forecasts, detailing disease trends from 10- to 20-year outlook periods to help you validate investments and identify growth opportunities in your markets of interest.
All of our epidemiological data, methods and insight are distributed via DRG’s Insights Platform, allowing the user to easily navigate between world regions and patient populations, as well as download epidemiological forecast data into an MS Excel format for offline use.
All epidemiological forecasts may be supplemented with custom deliverables, such as:
- Chart reviews or more granular stratification using DRG’s in-house real world datasets or physician survey data
- Customized and interactive patient flow models or additional subpopulations or metrics
- Expanded geographical coverage or extended forecast periods beyond those available
Our robust patient population sizing data includes therapeutic coverage of 140+ indications and 3400+ patient subpopulations, including extensive oncology subpopulation data by stage, line of therapy, and biomarker, as well as continually expanding niche and rare disease coverage.
The geographic breadth of data includes mature market (G7) reporting for all 140+ indications, as well as 90% global population coverage for the high-profile diseases, and expanded penetration for emerging and rest-of-world markets in select indications.
For over 20 years, our data and methodology have been developed and refined by DRG’s Epidemiology team of industry-leading subject matter experts, driven by rigorous methodology to uncover the impact of exposure, risk, and treatment, in addition to historical trends and age and gender cohorts.
All of our epidemiological forecasts are accompanied by a transparent description of our methods and data sources, the details of our systematic review underlying each forecast and associated summary evidence tables, and access to the authoring epidemiologist.
- Mature Markets Data
- Key Findings
- Prevalence of Unipolar Depression per 1,000 Among People Aged 15+ in 2015 and 2035
- Relative Sizes of the Contributing Factors to the Trend in Prevalent Cases of Unipolar Depression over the Next 20 Years
- Analysis of the Prevalent Cases of Unipolar Depression in 2015 by Subtypes
- Analysis of the Prevalent Cases of Unipolar Depression in 2015 by Diagnosed and Drug-Treated Status
- Epidemiology Data
- Total Prevalent Cases
- Total Prevalent Cases of MDD
- Total Prevalent Cases of Minor Depression
- Total Prevalent Cases of Dysthymia
- Chronic MDD
- Comorbid Chronic Pain in MDD
- Treatment Resistant Depression in MDD
- Percentage Diagnosed
- Percentage Drug-Treated
- Reference Materials
- Literature Review
- Risk/Protective Factors
Author(s): Mudasir Khan, M.P.H
Mudasir works as an associate epidemiologist within the epidemiology team at Decision Resources Group. He specializes in developing epidemiological forecasts for multiple indications within the DRG syndicated portfolio. Mudasir holds a masters in public health specializing in epidemiology from TISS, Mumbai.