Despite heart failure with preserved ejection fraction (HFpEF) accounting for approximately half of all chronic heart failure (CHF) cases, and despite our improved understanding of the pathophysiology, pharmacological treatments with proven outcomes benefits in HFpEF have been elusive thus far. Indeed, clinical trials of agents with proven efficacy in reduced ejection fraction (HFrEF) patients have consistently fallen short in HFpEF studies. Drug treatment, therefore, focuses on the management of comorbidities, with first-line treatment typically consisting of RAAS inhibitors, beta blockers, and diuretics. Unlike in HFrEF, calcium channel blockers can be used in this subpopulation. This analysis provides insights into the U.S. prescribing patterns in this heterogeneous and highly prevalent subpopulation.
- What patient shares do key therapies and brands garner by line of therapy in newly diagnosed HFpEF patients?
- What are the quarterly trends in prescribing among recently treated and newly diagnosed HFpEF patients?
- What percentage of HFpEF patients receive drug therapy within one year of diagnosis, and how quickly?
- What percentage of patients progress to later lines of therapy within one year of diagnosis?
- What percentage of HFpEF patients are treated with monotherapy vs. combination therapy? What are the most commonly used combinations?
- What are the product-level compliance and persistency rates among drug-treated HFpEF patients?
Treatment Algorithms: Claims Data Analysis provides detailed, quantitative analysis of the treatment journey and brand usage across lines of therapy and overall using real-world, patient-level claims data so that marketers can accurately assess their source of business, benchmark usage against competitors, and quantify areas of opportunity for their marketed or emerging brand.
- Detailed, Expanded Analysis - Chronic Heart Failure - Preserved Ejection Fraction - Treatment Algorithms - Claims Data Analysis - US
- Treatment Algorithms: Claims Data Analysis | Chronic Heart Failure - Preserved Ejection Fraction | US | May 2019
Author(s): Dwaipayan Chatterjee, M.Pharm
Dwaipayan Chatterjee is an Analyst in the Cardiovascular, Metabolism Renal and Hematology disease team at Decision Resources Group. He holds a degree with specialization in Pharmaceutical Chemistry from Birla Institute of Technology & Science, Pilani, Rajasthan, India. Prior joining DRG, he worked as an Equity Analyst for the Healthcare sector with Market Realist working on competitive intelligence and analysis of pharmaceutical financial data. He also worked as a market research analyst for Mordor Intelligence with experience of market sizing, forecasting, and analyzing market dynamics.