Although heart failure with preserved ejection fraction (HFpEF) accounts for approximately half of all chronic heart failure cases and even though our understanding of the disease’s pathophysiology has improved, pharmacological treatments with proven outcomes benefit in HFpEF have been elusive. Indeed, agents with proven efficacy treating reduced ejection fraction (HFrEF), such as Novartis’s Entresto, have consistently fallen short in HFpEF studies. Drug treatment, therefore, focuses on the management of comorbidities, and first-line treatment typically consists of RAAS inhibitors, beta blockers, and diuretics. Unlike in HFrEF patients, calcium channel blockers can be used in this subpopulation. This analysis provides insight into U.S. prescribing patterns for HFpEF.
- What patient shares do key therapies and brands garner by line of therapy in newly diagnosed HFpEF patients? What are the quarterly trends in prescribing among recently treated and newly diagnosed HFpEF patients?
- What percentage of HFpEF patients receive drug therapy within one year of diagnosis, and how quickly? What percentage of patients progress to later lines of therapy within one year of diagnosis?
- What percentage of HFpEF patients are treated with monotherapy versus combination therapy? What are the most commonly used combinations?
- What are the product-level compliance and persistency rates among drug-treated HFpEF patients?
Treatment Algorithms: Claims Data Analysis provides detailed, quantitative analysis of the treatment journey and brand usage across lines of therapy and overall using real-world, patient-level claims data so that marketers can accurately assess their source of business, benchmark usage against competitors, and quantify areas of opportunity for their marketed or emerging brand.
- Detailed, Expanded Analysis - Chronic Heart Failure - Preserved Ejection Fraction - Treatment Algorithms - Claims Data Analysis - US
- Treatment Algorithms: Claims Data Analysis | Chronic Heart Failure with Preserved Ejection Fraction | US | May 2020
Author(s): Dwaipayan Chatterjee, M.Pharm
Dwaipayan Chatterjee is an Analyst in the Cardiovascular, Metabolism Renal and Hematology disease team at Decision Resources Group. He holds a degree with specialization in Pharmaceutical Chemistry from Birla Institute of Technology & Science, Pilani, Rajasthan, India. Prior joining DRG, he worked as an Equity Analyst for the Healthcare sector with Market Realist working on competitive intelligence and analysis of pharmaceutical financial data. He also worked as a market research analyst for Mordor Intelligence with experience of market sizing, forecasting, and analyzing market dynamics.