DRG Epidemiology’s coverage of breast cancer comprises epidemiological estimates of key patient populations in 45 countries worldwide. We report both the incidence and prevalence of breast cancer for each country, as well as annualized case counts projected to the national population.
In addition to forecasting incident and prevalent patient populations, we estimate the number of drug-treatment opportunities in specific lines of therapy.
DRG Epidemiology’s breast cancer forecast will answer the following questions:
- In developing countries, what impact will economic growth and development have on the number of people diagnosed with breast cancer each year?
- Of all people diagnosed with breast cancer, how many in each of the major mature pharmaceutical markets are drug-treated?
- How will demographic trends, such as population aging and improving life expectancy, affect the epidemiology of breast cancer over the forecast period?
All forecast data are available on the DRG Insights Platform in tabular format, with options to download to MS Excel. All populations are accompanied by a comprehensive description of the methods and data sources used, with hyperlinks to external sources. A summary evidence table generated as part of our systematic review of the epidemiological literature is provided for full transparency into research and methods. In addition, we provide a graph depicting the patient flow between or within different disease states for the major mature pharmaceutical markets. These patient-flow diagrams are provided at the regional level but may be requested for any specific country or forecast year.
Note: Coverage may vary by country.
- Key Findings
- Key Updates
- Relative Sizes of the Contributing Factors to the Trend in Incident Cases of Breast Cancer over the Next Ten Years
- Diagnosed Incident Cases of Breast Cancer in 2018 by Stage at Diagnosis
- Number of Additional Incident Cases of Breast Cancer Incurred over the 2018-2028 Forecast Period in the Countries Under Study
- Key Findings
- Epidemiology Data
- Lifetime DALYs Gained
- Diagnosed Incident Cases
- Stage Distribution
- Molecular Subtype
- Diagnosed Prevalence
- Drug-Treatable Populations
- Reference Materials
- Literature Review
- Risk/Protective Factors
Author(s): Alexandre Vo Dupuy (PhamD, MSc)
Alexandre joined Decision Resources Group in 2017 as an Associate Epidemiologist. He holds a PharmD from Paris Descartes University as well as a Master in pharmacoepidemiology from the University of Bordeaux. Prior to joining Decision Resources Group, he worked within the fields of Consulting and Real World Evidence , and as an intern within the Global Epidemiology department of one of the top pharmaceutical company . As an associate epidemiologist, Alexandre works across multiple disease areas estimating and forecasting incidence and prevalence, with a focus on cancer epidemiology.