DRG Epidemiology's coverage of TBI comprises epidemiological estimates of key patient populations across the major mature pharmaceutical markets (United States, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom, and Japan). We report the diagnosed events of traumatic brain injury for each country as well as annualized case counts projected to the national population.
Most patient populations are forecast over a period of 20 years for the major mature pharmaceutical markets covered in this report.
DRG Epidemiology's TBI forecast will answer the following questions:
- What is the burden of traumatic brain injury events across the our mature markets, and how does it vary by country?
- Across the population diagnosed with TBI events, what is the severity of these events?
- How will demographic trends, such as population aging and improving life expectancy, affect the epidemiology of traumatic brain injury over the forecast period?
All forecast data are available on the DRG Insights Platform in tabular format, with options to download to MS Excel. All populations are accompanied by a comprehensive description of the methods and data sources used, with hyperlinks to external sources. A summary evidence table generated as part of our systematic review of the epidemiological literature is also provided for full transparency into research and methods.
In addition to the total number of cases for each forecast year, DRG Epidemiology provides at least ten years of forecast data for the following traumatic brain injury subpopulations:
- Severity status.
Note: Coverage may vary by country.
- Mature Markets Data
- Key Findings
- Diagnosed Event Estimates of Traumatic Brain Injury per 1,000 People in 2018 and 2038
- Analysis of the Diagnosed Events of Traumatic Brain Injury in 2018 by Severity
- Relative Sizes of the Factors Contributing to the Trend in Events of Traumatic Brain Injury over the Next 20 Years
- Epidemiology Data
- Diagnosed Events of Traumatic Brain Injury
- Severity of Diagnosed Events of Traumatic Brain Injury
- Reference Materials
- Literature Review
- Risk/Protective Factors
Author(s): Nicole Zhang, MPH
Nicole Zhang is an Epidemiologist at Decision Resources Group. She focuses on the epidemiology of oncology and cardiovascular disorders. She holds an from Tufts Medical School where she specialized in epidemiology and biostatistics. She also holds a in Chemistry and Statistics from Mount Holyoke College. Prior to joining Decision Resources, she worked as a research analyst at Massachusetts General Hospital where she independently managed data from food information survey conducted in Chelsea, MA. She has also worked at Massachusetts Department of Public Health where she conducted secondary research in the fields of gestational diabetes.