About DRG Epidemiology
DRG’s Epidemiology provides bottom-up, patient-level forecasts, detailing disease trends from 10- to 20-year outlook periods to help you validate investments and identify growth opportunities in your markets of interest.
All of our epidemiological data, methods and insight are distributed via DRG’s Insights Platform, allowing the user to easily navigate between world regions and patient populations, as well as download epidemiological forecast data into an MS Excel format for offline use.
All epidemiological forecasts may be supplemented with custom deliverables, such as:
- Chart reviews or more granular stratification using DRG’s in-house real world datasets or physician survey data
- Customized and interactive patient flow models or additional subpopulations or metrics
- Expanded geographical coverage or extended forecast periods beyond those available
Our robust patient population sizing data includes therapeutic coverage of 140+ indications and 3400+ patient subpopulations, including extensive oncology subpopulation data by stage, line of therapy, and biomarker, as well as continually expanding niche and rare disease coverage.
The geographic breadth of data includes mature market (G7) reporting for all 140+ indications, as well as 90% global population coverage for the high-profile diseases, and expanded penetration for emerging and rest-of-world markets in select indications.
For over 20 years, our data and methodology have been developed and refined by DRG’s Epidemiology team of industry-leading subject matter experts, driven by rigorous methodology to uncover the impact of exposure, risk, and treatment, in addition to historical trends and age and gender cohorts.
All of our epidemiological forecasts are accompanied by a transparent description of our methods and data sources, the details of our systematic review underlying each forecast and associated summary evidence tables, and access to the authoring epidemiologist.
- Mature Markets Data
- Key Findings
- Total Prevalence Estimates of Generalized Anxiety Disorder per 1,000 People Aged 20+ Years in 2018 and 2038
- Relative Sizes of the Contributing Factors to the Trend in Total Prevalent Cases of Generalized Anxiety Disorder over the Next 20 Years
- Analysis of the Prevalent Cases of Generalized Anxiety Disorder in 2018 by Severity
- Analysis of the Prevalent Cases of Generalized Anxiety Disorder in 2018 by Diagnosed and Drug-Treated Status
- Epidemiology Data
- Total Prevalent Cases Based on DSM-IV
- Total Prevalent Cases Based on DSM-5
- Comorbidity Cases
- Percentage Diagnosed
- Percentage Drug-Treated
- Reference Materials
- Literature Review
- Risk/Protective Factors
Author(s): Mudasir Khan, M.P.H; Abey John, MPH
Mudasir works as an associate epidemiologist within the epidemiology team at Decision Resources Group. He specializes in developing epidemiological forecasts for multiple indications within the DRG syndicated portfolio. Mudasir holds a masters in public health specializing in epidemiology from TISS, Mumbai.
Abey John is a medical graduate with a Master’s in Public Health and has been associated with DRG since September 2015. He works with a global team of epidemiologists in performing systematic reviews of assigned diseases and prepare forecast models for clients. He also is involved in producing analyses for pharmaceutical drug developers on the descriptive epidemiology of major drug indications in mature and developing markets and have an overall experience of three years working in different healthcare sectors across the country. Prior to joining DRG, Abey had been working with Jhpiego (an affiliate of Johns Hopkins Medical University) in implementing Family Planning Health Programs in India with collaborating with the Government of India. He also has worked with a grassroots level NGO as a health team manager which worked for the benefit of the rural population living in the foothills of the Himalayas.