A number of therapies from a range of drug classes are available to address the symptoms of narcolepsy including excessive daytime sleepiness and cataplexy. Our Treatment Algorithms research leverages national patient-level claims data to explore the use of key therapies in narcolepsy, such as modafinil, armodafinil, and Xyrem, in both newly diagnosed and recently-treated patients. These data provide important information regarding the patient journey in narcolepsy including treatment duration, switch patterns, and persistence and compliance by drug.
- What patient share do key therapies and brands garner by line of therapy in newly diagnosed narcolepsy patients? What are the quarterly trends in prescribing among recently-treated and new diagnosed narcolepsy patients?
- Where has Xyrem been integrated into the treatment algorithm?
- What proportion of narcolepsy patients receive drug therapy within a year of diagnosis, and how quickly? What percentage of patients progress to later lines of therapy within a year of diagnosis?
- What percentage of narcolepsy patients are treated with monotherapy versus combination therapy? What are the most widely used combination therapies?
- What are the product-level compliance and persistency rates among drug-treated patients with narcolepsy?
Treatment Algorithms: Claims Data Analysis: Provides detailed analysis of brand usage across different lines of therapy using real-world data patient-level claims data so you can accurately assess your source of business and quantify areas of opportunity for increasing your brand share.