DRG Epidemiology’s coverage of Hodgkin’s lymphoma (HL) comprises epidemiological estimates of key patient populations in the major mature pharmaceutical markets (the United States, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the United Kingdom, and Japan). We report both the incidence and prevalence of HL for each country, as well as annualized case counts projected to the national population.
All patient populations are forecast over a period of 20 years for the major mature pharmaceutical markets. In addition to forecasting incident and prevalent patient populations, we estimate the number of drug-treatment opportunities in specific lines of therapy.
DRG Epidemiology’s HL forecast will answer the following questions:
- Of all people diagnosed with HL, how many in each of the major mature pharmaceutical markets are drug-treated?
- How will demographic trends, such as population aging and improving life expectancy, affect the epidemiology of HL over the forecast period?
All forecast data are available on the DRG Insights Platform in tabular format, with options to download to MS Excel. All populations are accompanied by a comprehensive description of the methods and data sources used, with hyperlinks to external sources. A summary evidence table generated as part of our systematic review of the epidemiological literature is also provided for full transparency into research and methods.
In total, DRG Epidemiology forecasts seven HLpopulations, as follows:
- Diagnosed incident cases of HL.
- Diagnosed incident cases of classical Hodgkin’s lymphoma (CHL).
- Diagnosed incident cases of nodular lymphocyte-predominant Hodgkin’s lymphoma (NLPHL).
- Diagnosed prevalent cases of CHL.
- Diagnosed prevalent cases of NLPHL.
- Drug-treatable prevalent cases of CHL.
- Drug-treatable prevalent cases of NLPHL.
… and more (details available on request).
Note: Coverage may vary by country.
- Mature Markets Data
- Key Findings
- Epidemiology Data
- Lifetime DALYs Gained
- Newly Diagnosed Incidence
- Stage Distribution
- Histological Subtype of Classical Hodgkin's Lymphoma
- Diagnosed Prevalence
- Drug-Treatable Populations
- Reference Materials
- Literature Review
- Risk/Protective Factors
Author(s): Hannah Sally, Msc; Nishant Kumar, MPH
Hannah joined Decision Resources Group in 2019 as an Epidemiologist. She holds a BSc in Medical Sciences from the University of Leeds as well as a MSc in Public Health from the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine. Prior to joining Decision Resources Group, she worked in medical device clinical research, pharmaceutical industry business intelligence, and in a start-up health tech company. As an epidemiologist, Hannah works across multiple disease areas estimating and forecasting incidence and prevalence, with a focus on cancer epidemiology.
Nishant is a senior epidemiologist and head of oncology within the epidemiology team at Decision Resources Group. He also covers some CNS diseases, including Alzheimer’s disease and dementia. His key interests are developing interactive patient flows, and modelling disease progression to forecast commercially relevant drug-treatable incident and prevalent populations. Nishant also spends a lot of time collaborating with clients to help answer more specific questions through custom work and consulting projects. His qualifications include an MSc in Public Health with specialization in epidemiology and statistics from King’s College London, and a BSc in Medical Studies from the University of Birmingham.