Through an in-depth review of patient charts, details such as product dosing and titration, switching, concomitant medications and a host of laboratory and patient demographic variables help define patient types and identify therapy triggers.
The attitudinal survey component allows for a better understanding of the rationale for treatment decisions and gaps between intended and actual treatment. By comparing what nephrologists report about patient care dynamics to actual treatment records, gaps in intended care versus actual care are uncovered and patient segments become more clearly defined.
Questions Answered in This Report:
- Understand the quantification and characterization of CKD-ND patients who are under the care of a nephrologist, including topics such as referral patterns, length of treatment, blood transfusion rates, hospitalization rates, and common reasons for referral.
- Understand the demographics of patients undergoing late stage CKDND treatment, including topics such as underlying cause of renal failure, presence of co-morbidities and common medications.
- Understand the standard of care for CKD-ND patients, including topics such as the percentage of patients on ESAs, oral iron and IV iron, phosphate binders, active Vitamin D, and other medications used on the CKD-ND patient population.
- Identify gaps in intended vs. actual behavior by comparing selfreported survey responses with actual treatment records.
- Likelihood for potential use of new products in development for the treatment of renal anemia, including roxadustat (FG-4592 / ASP- 1517), AKB-6548, and Zerenex.
234 Nephrologists submitted 1,170 CKD-ND patient chart records.
Nephrologist Screening Criteria:
- In practice for at least two and no more than 30 years
- Minimum of 100 adult CKD stage 3 and stage 4 patients under personal management (combined)
- Tier 3 hospital-based
- Between 18-89 years of age
- CKD Stage 3, 4, or 5 not on dialysis (GFR < 60)="">
- Final report in PowerPoint format
- Complete set of frequency tables, summary statistics, and cross tabulations can be provided upon request
- Database containing de-identified patient audit data in SPSS and/or Excel available upon request
- 234 nephrologists submitted 1,170 CKD-ND (Stage 3, Stage 4, and Stage 5 non-dialysis) patient chart records
Key Drugs Covered:
- Yi Bi Ao (EPIAO), ESPO, Ji Mai Xin, Huan Er Bao, Ke Long Yi, Iron dextran, Iron sucrose, ferric gluconate, sevelamer, lanthanum carbonate, calcitriol, paricalcitol, FG-4592/ASP- 1517, AKB-6548, and Zerenex/Riona
Key Companies Mentioned:
- 3SBio (Shenyang Sunshine Pharma), Kyowa Hakko Kirin, Astellas, Akebia, Amgen, Janssen, Keryx, LG Lifesciences, FibroGen, and Many more
TreatmentTrends®: US Nephrology
TreatmentTrends®: Anemia Managers
TreatmentTrends®: Renal Anemia (EU)
ChartTrends®: Renal Anemia in CKD-ND
ChartTrends®: Renal Anemia (EU)