BURLINGTON, Mass., Nov. 13, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Decision Resources Group (DRG) has announced the launch of an innovative product that allows oncology companies to make better-informed commercial decisions for existing and emerging brands, based on an accurate, detailed picture of the clinical journey within specific oncology indications.
Treatment Sequencing draws on the expertise of oncology analysts to create commercially relevant treatment scenarios and subpopulations within six diseases, adding physician insights from primary market research to quantify and map both drug share and sequential treatment to the treatment journeys. The six initial indications are: renal cell carcinoma, malignant melanoma, non-small-cell lung cancer, breast cancer, and chronic myeloid leukemia in the U.S. market; and prostate cancer in EU5.
This groundbreaking analysis helps oncology companies within these markets to answer the following questions:
- Where is my product positioned vs. competitors in the treatment journey?
- What are physicians' most-frequently prescribed treatment sequences—who is benefiting and how can I defend my assets share and position?
- What are the market-relevant treatment scenarios according to oncology experts?
- Where are the untapped business opportunities that I can capitalize upon?
- How can I optimize trial design and ensure a competitive edge for my pipeline asset?
"While the focus of the oncology community on treatment sequencing is not new, it has become increasingly critical in light of a wealth of new clinical data and products gaining approval," says Rachel Webster, D.Phil., Senior Director, Oncology, DRG. "There is a significant unmet need to identify the most common treatment sequence in clinical practice and to understand what that means for brand positioning."
Treatment Sequencing makes it possible for companies to look at highly specific patient subpopulations within a specific indication, uncovering physicians' most commonly selected treatment sequences and illuminating brand positions within the treatment journey. Which brands are preferred first-, second-, and third-line treatments within these specific subpopulations, and what are the most popular treatment sequences?
Essentially, it gives companies the tools to perform the following actions:
- Pinpoint current drug positioning and uptake, in one snapshot, to facilitate forecasting.
- Drill down into physicians' treatment sequences and understand which brands to position against or how to defend share.
- Identify untapped treatment scenarios and key competitors to aid trial design.
- Evaluate unique disease-specific treatment patterns and dynamics to plan and manage sales and marketing resources and execute commercialization messages.
- Discover untapped populations to expand product share and drive strategic decisions.
Indications currently covered include Breast cancer, Prostate cancer, Chronic myeloid leukemia, Renal cell carcinoma, Malignant melanoma, and Non-small-cell lung cancer. Additional coverage coming in 2018. For more information on Treatment Sequencing, click here.
About Decision Resources Group
DRG, a subsidiary of Piramal Enterprises Ltd., is the premier source for global healthcare data and market intelligence. A trusted partner for over 20 years, DRG helps companies competing in the global healthcare industry make informed business decisions. Organizations committed to the developing and delivering life-changing therapies to patients rely on DRG's in-house team of expert healthcare analysts, data scientists, and consultants for critical guidance. DRG products and services, built on extensive data assets and delivered by experts, empower organizations to succeed in complex healthcare markets.
Decision Resources Group
SOURCE Decision Resources Group