BURLINGTON, Mass., Oct. 30, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Decision Resources Group (DRG) has launched an innovative, new product that harnesses the power of real world data (RWD) to provide oncology companies with a much-needed, detailed, monthly analysis of shifting market dynamics — and the impact of events — in the burgeoning immune checkpoint inhibitor (ICI) space.
Real World Brand Tracker combines DRG's in-house oncology expertise and vast RWD capabilities to capture U.S. claims data in near real time, offering monthly analysis and interpretation of the current state of the U.S. landscape, and matches changes in the adoption of specific brands with relevant events in the space.
The number of U.S. ICI administrations has more than doubled in size since January 2016, and in the past six years there have been 35 individual FDA approvals across more than 10 oncology indications. And with more than 1,500 ICI trials currently registered on clinicaltrials.gov, we can expect a great deal more expansion and movement in the months and years to come. Therefore, it is vital for oncology companies to keep up with the pace of this change.
Each month, Real World Brand Tracker analyzes the following:
- Total ICI use (number of patients and number of administrations) by brand and by indication
- Total ICI use by US region and US State
- ICI use by payer type and facility type
- Claim charge and reimbursement amounts
- Brands: Opdivo, Keytruda, Yervoy, Tecentriq, Bavencio, Imfinzi.
- Indications: malignant melanoma, lung cancer, renal cell carcinoma, Hodgkin's lymphoma, urothelial carcinoma, head and neck cancer, Merkel cell carcinoma, colorectal cancer, hepatocellular carcinoma, gastric cancer
This, in turn, enables oncology companies to answer questions like these:
- Which ICI brands are performing well, and which are performing poorly overall, by indication and by region?
- How is total ICI landscape changing over time, and how does that vary by brand?
- How can I design appropriate clinical trials to secure label expansions and line extensions of my ICI?
- Where are the pockets of opportunity for improved ICI penetration?
- For developers of non-ICI drugs, which is the best ICI to partner with in combinatorial trials?
- How does the dynamic regulatory environment for ICIs affect prescribing patterns by indication?
- Where are patients receiving treatment, and how is the reimbursement landscape evolving?
"ICIs are transforming the oncology landscape at an incredibly rapid pace, and every oncology company, even those not developing ICIs, needs to understand the shifting market dynamics because ICIs will affect their brands," says Andrew Merron, Ph.D., Executive Director, Oncology and Biosimilars, DRG. "Real World Brand Tracker solves this huge unmet need by uncovering these shifting dynamics and the impact of events on the ICI landscape."
For more information on Real World Brand Tracker, click here
About Decision Resources Group
DRG, a subsidiary of Piramal Enterprises Ltd., is the premier source for global healthcare data and market intelligence. A trusted partner for over 20 years, DRG helps companies competing in the global healthcare industry make informed business decisions. Organizations committed to the developing and delivering life-changing therapies to patients rely on DRG's in-house team of expert healthcare analysts, data scientists, and consultants for critical guidance. DRG products and services, built on extensive data assets and delivered by experts, empower organizations to succeed in complex healthcare markets.
Decision Resources Group
SOURCE Decision Resources Group