BURLINGTON, Mass., Oct. 24, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Decision Resources Group (DRG) has launched a groundbreaking study that uses multiple sources of real world data (RWD) to provide disease-specific, patient-level analysis of the key demographic, clinical, and cost-based metrics underlying brand use in the crowded rheumatoid arthritis (RA) market.
Patient Profiler evaluates both U.S. claims data and electronic health records (EHRs) to offer deep analysis of the patient-level drivers within RA and to help brands identify potential commercial opportunities within key patient segments.
RA treatment is typically initiated with cost-effective conventional DMARDs, such as methotrexate. The U.S. market for conventional DMARD-refractory patients is crowded with efficacious biologics, including blockbuster TNF-alpha inhibitors like Enbrel, Humira, and Remicade, and non-TNF-alpha inhibitors such as Orencia, Rituxan, and Actemra. In addition, JAK inhibitor Xeljanz, the first targeted oral molecule approved for RA, is gaining steady uptake.
With the expected approvals of additional agents and the entry of biosimilars, the RA market will become even more crowded, making brand differentiation and understanding of key patient characteristics more critical for marketers.
Patient Profiler removes the barriers of cost, time and expertise associated with RWD-driven projects, offering a detailed analysis of:
- Patient shares by brand and segment
- Patient demographics, including gender, region, and even race
- Disease-specific and general lab tests and values
- Risk factors and co-morbidities
- Co-prescribing and prescribing of additional therapies
- Prescribing for co-morbid conditions
- Types of insurance coverage and reimbursement / cost analysis
- Utilization of care and provider analysis
The report answers key questions such as:
- What is the patient share in RA for TNF-alpha inhibitors and other key segments?
- What are the demographic characteristics and clinical profiles of RA patients on biologics and Xeljanz?
- What are the key risk factors, comorbidities, and co-prescribed/additional therapies by patient segment for RA?
- How do patient cohorts for RA compare in care utilization and outcomes (physician visits and other healthcare encounters)?
- What are the reimbursed and out-of-pocket costs?
- What types insurance do RA patients have?
"RA is a highly competitive market comprising multiple brands, and there are more agents coming into play, so it's really important to understand how to differentiate products from the crowd," says Bingnan Kang, Ph.D., Senior Director of Immune and Inflammatory Diseases, Biopharma Insights, DRG, and author of the RA report. "By using multiple sources of RWD, Patient Profiler offers a precise view of key patient-level characteristics, with a high level of quality control from our therapy area experts, helping brands to identify those opportunities."
About Patient Profiler
Patient Profiler covers a period of 12 months to April 30, 2017 and will publish annually. In addition to the RA report, two further editions will publish in 2017, covering Psoriasis and Psoriatic Arthritis, with additional disease states planned for 2018.
Patient Profiler is a companion product to Current Treatment: Physician Insights, which uses primary market research to gather direct physician insights on prescribing behaviors and treatment patterns within a disease category; and to Treatment Algorithms: Claims Data Analysis, which provides quantitative longitudinal analysis of treatment initiation and progression through lines of therapy, persistence, and compliance within a disease market.
Read more about Patient Profiler in a recent blog.
For more information on Patient Profiler, please visit our website.
About Decision Resources Group
DRG, a subsidiary of Piramal Enterprises Ltd., is the premier source for global healthcare data and market intelligence. A trusted partner for over 20 years, DRG helps companies competing in the global healthcare industry make informed business decisions. Organizations committed to the developing and delivering life-changing therapies to patients rely on DRG's in-house team of expert healthcare analysts, data scientists, and consultants for critical guidance. DRG products and services, built on extensive data assets and delivered by experts, empower organizations to succeed in complex healthcare markets.
Decision Resources Group
SOURCE Decision Resources Group