Recent reports that three members of the NFL's Tampa Bay Buccaneers have been diagnosed with methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) have increased the public's awareness of MRSA infections. In addition to penicillins and other related antibiotics, MRSA strains can be resistant to other commonly used drug classes such as tetracyclines, quinolones and aminoglycosides. Decision Resources forecasts that the market for antibiotics used to treat MRSA infections in the hospital will exceed $1 billion in 2022 in the United States, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom and Japan.
For upcoming stories on the pharmaceutical treatment of MRSA, Decision Resources Analyst Maria Ascano, Ph.D., is available for comment. Specifically, Dr. Ascano can address:
- How will the hospital-treated MRSA market change over the next 10 years?
- What are the preferred current therapies for treatment of MRSA infections in the hospital setting, and how will these preferences change through 2022?
- What emerging agents with activity against MRSA are forecasted to launch in this space and how much market share will they capture in the years ahead?
- What are the drug attributes that will drive uptake of newer branded agents?
- How will stricter control over the use of new branded antibiotics in the hospital impact use and reimbursement of new and emerging MRSA drugs?
Members of the media may request to speak with Dr. Ascano by contacting Christopher Comfort at +1 (781) 993-2597 or email@example.com.
About Decision Resources Group
Decision Resources Group is a cohesive portfolio of companies that offers best-in-class, high-value information and insights on important sectors of the healthcare industry. Clients rely on this analysis and data to make informed decisions. Please visit Decision Resources Group at www.DecisionResourcesGroup.com.
All company, brand or product names contained in this document may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
For more information, contact:
+1 (781) 993-2597
/PRNewswire -- Oct. 14, 2013/
SOURCE Decision Resources Group