BURLINGTON, Mass., March 18, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Decision Resources Group finds that, at 18-months post-launch, over 85 percent of surveyed oncologists have prescribed Roche/Genentech's Perjeta for metastatic HER2-positive breast cancer. Since the last wave of the report was fielded six months previously, the average number of Perjeta-treated patients per prescribing oncologist has more than doubled. Nine months following the launch of Roche/Genentech's Kadcyla, almost 80 percent of surveyed oncologists have prescribed the agent. The majority of surveyed oncologists report prescribing Kadcyla in recurrent metastatic HER2-positive patients.
Other key findings from the report entitled LaunchTrends®: Perjeta and Kadcyla (US):
- Perjeta and Kadcyla: Among surveyed oncologists who have not yet prescribed Perjeta or Kadcyla, the majority plan on prescribing these agents within the next three months.
- Tykerb/Xeloda: The majority of surveyed oncologists are aware that Kadcyla has provided a progression-free survival (PFS) improvement over Tykerb (GlaxoSmithKline)/Xeloda (Roche/Genentech) in its pivotal Phase III trial, however awareness for the agents other achievements are less well-known.
- Neoadjuvant HER2-positive breast cancer: Following Perjeta's second approval by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for neoadjuvant HER2-positive breast cancer in September 2013, approximately two-thirds of surveyed oncologists report willingness to prescribe the agent in this setting.
Comments from Decision Resources Group Analyst Amy Duval, M.Res:
- "Use of Kadcyla has taken just nine months to reach comparable levels to that of Perjeta, which has been available for 18 months now. This reflects strong positive physician attitudes toward Kadcyla."
- "Surveyed oncologists are familiar with the PFS advantages of Kadcyla, however fewer are aware of its OS benefit, a surprising finding considering that OS is the most robust endpoint to measure efficacy in oncology."
About Decision Resources Group
Decision Resources Group offers best-in-class, high-value information and insights on critical issues within the healthcare industry. Clients rely on this analysis and data to make informed decisions. Find out more at www.DecisionResourcesGroup.com.
All company, brand, or product names contained in this document may be trademarks of their respective holders.
For more information, contact:
Decision Resources Group
SOURCE Decision Resources Group