BURLINGTON, Mass., March 12, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Decision Resources Group finds that half of online European consumers reported watching online health videos, according to data from Cybercitizen Health® Europe 2013. The number of online Europeans using online health videos is accelerating, but pharma websites are still not a widely used channel for accessing online health videos. This emphasizes the need for brands to implement strategies for driving traffic to these video assets.
Other key findings from the Cybercitizen Health® Europe 2013 report:
- Top conditions using online videos for health:
- Anxiety disorders
- Search engines are widely used to discover health videos, but many other channels, including email newsletters, social media and YouTube, are important.
- Consumers seek various genres of online health videos. Videos about condition information, health news, and exercise and fitness are most popular among online EU consumers; however, preferred video content tends to vary by condition.
- Desktops/laptops and tablets are the most popular device for watching online health videos.
Comments from Decision Resources Group Consumer Insights Analyst Rory Stanton:
- "Marketers looking to digitally engage cannot afford to ignore the broad adoption of online health videos in the European consumer market. Given how influential health videos are on patient behavior, it's more important than ever to develop the most effective genre of video content and distribution beyond pharma websites themselves."
About Cybercitizen Health® Europe 2013
The Manhattan Research Cybercitizen Health® Europe report is Decision Resources Group's market research study and syndicated advisory service benchmarking how consumers in the UK, France, Italy, Spain and Germany use the Internet, digital media, mobile devices and other technologies for health. The study was fielded in Q3 2013 among 3,005 consumers online. Learn more here.
Key topics addressed in the research:
- Device ownership and general access
- Multichannel behavior & healthcare influencers in the patient journey
- Emerging issues in health and care delivery
- Mobile health
- Telehealth, digital health tracking
- Social media for health
- Interaction with pharma
About Decision Resources Group
Decision Resources Group offers best-in-class, high-value information and insights on critical issues within the healthcare industry. Decision Resources Group's Manhattan Research product line offers insights and analysis on digital health trends among healthcare professionals and consumers in the Americas, Europe and Asia-Pacific. Find out more at www.manhattanresearch.com and www.DecisionResourcesGroup.com.
All company, brand, or product names contained in this document may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
For more information, contact:
Decision Resources Group
SOURCE Decision Resources Group