BURLINGTON, Mass., April 15, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Decision Resources Group, in collaboration with IMCAS (International Master Course on Aging Skin), finds that the top-of-mind companies in each of the botulinum toxin (BTX), dermal filler and laser/energy device markets are similar in Europe and in Asia. Not surprisingly, Allergan's BOTOX Cosmetic continues to be the top-of-mind BTX brand in both Asia and Europe, with Allergan's JUVEDERM and Galderma's Restylane both having high recognition among dermal filler brands. Lumenis came out on top for laser/energy devices in both regions.
- BTX usage in China: Chinese manufacturer Lanzhou Institute of Biological Products (LIBP) was the top-of-mind BTX brand for less than 35 percent of Chinese physicians, even though over 70 percent of them reported using LIBP's BTXA product. This indicates that Allergan's brand reputation is very strong, and price is likely the primary factor that physicians continue to offer BTXA. In fact, 60 percent of Chinese physicians reported using both BOTOX Cosmetic and BTXA.
- BTX usage in Europe: By contrast, 50 percent of surveyed European physicians reported using a single BTX brand, with Allergan holding a stronger market share lead in the region. Ipsen is Allergan's primary challenger in Europe.
- Dermal filler usage: The dermal filler market is more fragmented compared to the BTX market. For example, in Europe, more than 50 percent of physicians reported using three or more dermal filler brands, indicating that they choose different brands for different areas of the face.
Comments from Decision Resources Group Manager April Lee:
- "JUVEDERM and Restylane both score as top-of-mind dermal filler brands in Europe, with JUVEDERM holding an edge in France, Germany, Italy, Spain and the United Kingdom, and Restylane earning the advantage in the greater European region. In Asia, however, JUVEDERM is still well recognized, but it is well behind Restylane. This can be partially attributed to the fact that JUVEDERM is not a registered product in the large Chinese market."
- "Asia and Europe differ considerably in their major uses for laser/energy devices. In Asia, pigmented lesion treatments were most popular, while in Europe, laser/energy devices are used primarily for hair removal."
These deliverables were created via a collaboration between Decision Resources Group and IMCAS. Under this agreement, Decision Resources group can leverage its data analytics expertise and market insights, while IMCAS can contribute its vast procedural knowledge and access to a global network of physicians, providing valuable insights to the aesthetics industry.
- April Lee wrote two blog posts about IMCAS Paris; click here to view the first blog post and click here to view the second blog post.
About Decision Resources Group
Decision Resources Group offers best-in-class, high-value information and insights on critical issues within the healthcare industry. Clients rely on this analysis and data to make informed decisions. Find out more at www.DecisionResourcesGroup.com.
About International Master Course on Aging Skin (IMCAS)
IMCAS is a world leader congress dedicated to aesthetic surgery, cosmetic dermatology and related medical aesthetic fields. IMCAS World Congress in Paris welcomes more than 4,500 attendees from 85 different countries. Its main goal is to promote the highest possible standards, making IMCAS a reference in excellence in terms of education and information. Please visit IMCAS at www.imcas.com.
All company, brand, or product names contained in this document may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
For more information, contact:
Decision Resources Group
SOURCE Decision Resources Group