BURLINGTON, Mass., March 3, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Decision Resources Group finds that pharma representatives using tablets (tablet-reps) have become commonplace in the U.S. market. The number of physicians who have seen a tablet-rep has nearly doubled since 2011. Despite heavy investments from pharma, satisfaction remains flat among physicians and has not surpassed one-in-three physicians seeing a representative with a tablet. When best practices are implemented, tablets have the ability to move the needle in terms of improving meetings between physicians and pharma representatives.
Key topics from the Tablet-Reps in 2014: Moving Beyond the Basics and Maximizing Tablet Investments report, based on data from ePharma Physician® 2013:
- Specific tactics and strategies can be implemented to enhance tablet-rep campaigns, regardless of a brand's current level of experience with these initiatives, including:
- User experience: Identifying the optimal length for a tablet rep meeting with a physician
- What topics are most likely to influence physician prescribing behavior?
- What content is most likely to prolong a tablet-rep's meeting with a physician?
- Which beyond-the-pill topics resonate most with physicians?
- Choreography: What are the ideal ways for a physician to engage with a rep's tablet?
Comments from Decision Resources Group's Director of Physician Research, James Avallone:
- "Deploying a rep with a tablet is not a cure-all for in person meetings between pharmaceutical reps and physicians. However, when the device is optimally leveraged from a content and user experience point-of-view, it can be a game-changer for influencing physicians."
About Tablet-Reps in 2014: Moving Beyond the Basics and Maximizing Tablet Investments
Tablet-Reps in 2014: Moving Beyond the Basics and Maximizing Tablet Investments is based on data from Manhattan Research's ePharma Physician® 2013 study, which explores how physicians use digital channels to research prescription drug information and to connect with pharma companies and reps. Learn more here.
About ePharma Physician®
ePharma Physician® 2013 was fielded online in Q2 2013 among 1,831 U.S. physicians using digital channels for pharma resources. Data can be segmented by more than 20 physician specialties. For more information, please visit http://www.manhattanresearch.com/epp.
About Decision Resources Group
Decision Resources Group offers best-in-class, high-value information and insights on critical issues within the healthcare industry. Decision Resources Group's Manhattan Research product line offers insights and analysis on digital health trends among healthcare professionals and consumers in the Americas, Europe and Asia-Pacific. Find out more at www.manhattanresearch.com and www.DecisionResourcesGroup.com.
All company, brand, or product names contained in this document may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
For more information, contact:
Decision Resources Group
SOURCE Decision Resources Group