BURLINGTON, Mass., Feb. 25, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Decision Resources Group notes that while 2013 was a rough year for medtech markets, 2014 looks to be promising for medtech companies as revenue growth returns and confidence in the industry rises.
On Thursday, February 27, 2014, Decision Resources Group will host a webinar to explore the top ten trends and events that are driving growth in medtech markets. "Is Medtech on the Mend? Top Trends and Events That Will Influence Medtech Markets in 2014" is open to media and medtech executives. Register for the webinar here.
- 2013 was a tough year in medtech. The much-maligned medical device excise tax came into effect, economies continued to struggle to return to growth and more scrutiny was placed on the cost effectiveness of medical devices. However, medtech companies look to be sitting in a much better position in 2014.
- Big data, telehealth and personalized medicine are key themes that will play a role in anticipated medtech market growth.
- The cardiovascular market will be shaken up in 2014 in response to events like the launch of the first drug-coated balloon and left atrial appendage closure device in the United States, coupled with setbacks like renal denervation's failure in the SYMPLICITY HTN-3 trial.
- Members of the media and medtech executives are invited to attend the webinar, "Is Medtech on the Mend? Top Trends and Events That Will Influence Medtech Markets in 2014." The webinar will be held on February 27, 2014. Register for the webinar here.
Quote from Decision Resources Group Solutions Manager Stephanie Fletcher:
- "Despite a rough start to the year, the medtech industry began to show signs of turnaround throughout 2013. 2014 looks to be a year of change for the industry but the good news is that medtech markets are on the mend, but the path to success won't be easy."
About Decision Resources Group
Decision Resources Group is a cohesive portfolio of companies that offers best-in-class, high-value information and insights on important sectors of the healthcare industry. Clients rely on this analysis and data to make informed decisions. Please visit Decision Resources Group at www.DecisionResourcesGroup.com.
All company, brand, or product names contained in this document may be trademarks or
registered trademarks of their respective holders.
For more information, contact:
Decision Resources Group
SOURCE Decision Resources Group