The oncology team at a large pharmaceutical company was looking to optimize market position on several fronts:
- Defend its territory as a first-line therapy for indication #1
- Uncover opportunities to optimize its place in the treatment pathway for indication #2
- Plan a successful launch strategy for indication #3
To achieve this, the company would need to evaluate the threats and opportunities in the therapy landscape for all three indications.
It would also require a deeper understanding of the patient population and the unmet needs, to inform and develop its strategy.
DRG’s experts used a combination of claims data and epidemiology data to build a robust picture of the therapeutic landscape and patient journeys for the three indications.
- Market shares of current approved treatments
- Switch patterns for key lines of therapy, including treatment durations
- Market size and patient characteristics, including demographics and co-morbidities
- Unmet needs in the treatment landscape
Elements of success
- Real-world data: U.S. pharmacy and claims data
- DRG expertise: Oncology experts, data scientists, and epidemiologists
- Primary and secondary research
- Integrated analysis
DRG delivered custom reports of the therapy landscape and the patient journeys for the three indications. This provided the client with the tools and information needed to build a roadmap and optimize market position.
Significance for client
The client was empowered to make confident planning decisions around:
- Positioning its drug for increased market share
- Mitigating drug-switching threats
Source: DRG Real World Data Repository
Learn more about how our real-world data capabilities can provide the evidence you need to develop effective business strategies.