This live session took place on Wednesday, May 17th, 2017.
Uterine fibroids are among the most common reasons hysterectomies are conducted in the major pharmaceutical markets. As a result, pharmacological drugs that can effectively control major symptoms of uterine fibroids and are proven to be safe for long-term use represent an area of high unmet need in the market.
In this webinar, Jing Wu will explore current and emerging treatment options for uterine fibroids and provide a snapshot into the expected shift in treatment paradigm following the launches of novel selective progesterone receptor modulators (SPRMs) and gonadotropin-releasing hormone (Gn-RH) antagonists.
- What are the main clinical manifestations of uterine fibroids? When do physicians prescribe drug therapy or surgical intervention?
- What are the key current drug therapies and surgical procedures used for symptomatic uterine fibroids?
- What clinical needs remain unfulfilled represent market opportunities?
- What is the status of uterine fibroid pipeline? Which emerging therapies are expected to launch for the management of uterine fibroids in the near future? What is interviewed expert opinion of the pipeline, and which pipeline products are most promising?
- How will the availability of novel therapies impact physician prescribing patterns and treatment strategies for uterine fibroids?
Presented by Jing Wu, M.S., M.B.A., Principal Business Insights Analyst, Niche Markets and Rare Diseases