This live session took place on December 12th, 2019
There are several key implications going into 2020 that could affect the way in which people receive care. From the continued trend of mega mergers to the realities of regional policy, the landscape is getting more complex and pharma must continue to make sense of these variables.
Some of the key themes and questions to be addressed include:
- As the market adjusts to mega mergers of some of the nation’s largest managed care organization and PBMs, which carriers are gaining or losing ground in the commercial segment?
- Which regions are still hot and which are cooling in terms of market growth?
- Which areas of the nation are most affected by the continued surge in high deductible health plans?
- Medicare Advantage continues to grow, but not all markets are equal. Where are the growth opportunities in this highly competitive segment?
- Among carriers that compete in the managed Medicaid segment, the market will see some shifts following the merger of Centene and WellCare. What is the outlook for this segment?
- What are the key policy topics that could drive enrollment changes in 2020?
Bill Melville, Principal Analyst with Market Access
Stephanie Hoops, MS, JD, Senior Market Analyst
Managed Market Surveyor
Consolidated and integrated lives data for the key influencers in managed care.
DRG’s Managed Market Surveyor Suite provides the most comprehensive view into the intricate managed markets landscape by offering the most complete, clear, and accurate picture of lives and affiliations with data for payers, PBMs and Employers.
Managed Market Surveyor enables you to understand U.S. healthcare coverage dynamics to identify the best markets for your products. With DRG’s managed care database of medical and pharmacy lives - viewable by insurer and geography - you can easily:
- Align account teams to your payer strategy using comprehensive lives data
- Size markets to efficiently allocate your resources
- Gain a deep understanding of your key payer accounts