Launching a Revolutionary Device-Based Therapy
The client is developing a new, breakthrough device-based therapy for an inflammatory disease target that is currently treated by pharmaceutical therapies. However, the team has limited knowledge of the device therapy market.
The client engaged DRG Consulting to answer a range of questions including:
- Is there a need for a new therapy, and would physicians consider using it?
- Will patients be receptive to such a treatment?
- What are the key design and outcome considerations this new treatment must meet to gain product adoption?
- Is the user-interface usable by patients and what improvements are needed?
- What is the device reimbursement landscape?
- How will the treatment pathway be impacted and how can the client ensure the commercial viability is not impacted by referral hurdles?
Deliverables including conjoint preference share simulator tools, coding landscape and analog market assessments, documents outlining key finding and recommendations, and reports to be used for regulatory submission were used by the client to:
- Define the target patient population
- Define the evidence thresholds that the treatment must show
- Make a go/no go decision on continuing to pursue development of the treatment
- Make fundamental design and investment/ acquisition decisions
- Gain insight into the usability features that will be critical to successful and sustained patient adoption of the treatment